cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to add a new field to the Schema for MDM Syndicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running MDM 5.5 SP6.

We have a requirement to add a new field and syndicate the new field to the our Procurement System.

I was able to add the new field to the repository and schema in SAP MDM Console. However, when I went into the Syndicator to map the new field (which I do see) to the new Schema field, I don't see the new field to map in the Schema.

How can I change the existing syndication jobs (11 of them) to use the new Schema? Or do I have to recreate all of them?

Thank you in advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

Thank you for all your help! The good news is that all 11 of my syndicated XML files are the same format, so I can at least recreate 1 and then export and import that for the others.

That is better than starting from scratch 11 different times.

So, you at least made my life easier.

All your efforts are greatly appreciated!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janynne,

If your Old syndication map is not working, i mean you are getting newly added field missed then rather than using Old syndication map, then in Syndicator as suggested in above post Map all the required source and target fields in Item Mapping manually and then save this new map. In this way you can use this syndication map work for exporting all fields along with newly added field.

Kindly revert with Result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly what I was looking for. HOWEVER, it didn't work.

1) I was able to export the Syndication,

2) Create a new Syndication map using the Console Schema that I loaded earlier and I see my new field in both the Source Items and Destination Items. YAHOO!

3) So, I went to import back in syndication map and the new Destination field (Schema) disappeared and went back to the original schema.

Did I miss a step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>So, I went to import back in syndication map and the new Destination field (Schema) disappeared and went back to the original schema.

Even i tried the trick and same thing happened to me as well

I doubt if it will work since the moment you import the Old syndication map, it will show the old XSD, not the new one.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janynne,

Since you are exporting XML file using XSD(XML Schema), You need to modify the existing XSD(XML Schema) for adding a new field. You can make use of Xmlspy or Altova to modify your XSD.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, but it doesn't help me solve the issue.

I was able to modify the XSD and load it to the repository already. However, I don't see it in Syndicator. Do I have to save it as the same name in the repository? Would that allow me to pick it up then.

Again, I was able to add the new field to the repository and was able to add the field to the Schema, which was successfully loaded to the repository. Unfortunately, Syndicator does not allow me to change the Map currently assigned to the in Syndicator.

I really don't want to have to recreate 11 syndications with 30 fields each, but that is what it is looking like.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janynne,

I hope you have modify the Syndication XSD(add new field) and then load it in XML Schema table of MDM Console, right ?

If you have done it, now open MDM Syndicator>Go to File>Open, select the required Remote system and Available map.

Now your existing map will be loaded which has not the required added field, Now again, go to file-->Export.

Give file name and save this syndication map on your Desktop. Once you have done this.

Go to File>New>Select respective remote system and Type as XML Schema if you have loaded this XSD in Console else select Type as XML Schema file and select the modified XSD (added new field XSD) from Desktop. Once it is loaded, import the existing syndication map(which you have exported as said above) which should have all the fields mapped, now in target side you will have here new added field too, map it with required source field in Item Mapping and then go to file>Save as>select the required Remote system and give new map name. Use this map for exporting files for future reference.

Also, if your are using Port Concept, you need to change the Properties Map and XML Schema in Port of MDM Console.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

As far as i know, you can not update the XML schema in syndication map. you need to create a whole new map from scratch (by using the updated XSD).

The XML schema option in Console is just a place holder, it does not gets synchronized with the XML schema used in syndication map.

I agree this is a big drawback but we have living with it for some time now

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

You dont need to recreate them all. Please see subbus reply in this thread:

Regards,

---Satish