cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to configur a printer in our development environment.

Info I have is

Printserver name and IP

Queue names of the printers which are build on print server

Make and model of the printers

can some body let me kow how to configur the same.

I know the how to configur local printers from SPAD but I am not sure how to gohead with configuration when print server is involved.

Regards,

Raju.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

It depends a bit on your operating system. For Unix, you can create the queue exactly the same way you normally do, and just give your Unix admin the name of the print queue and the print server host/IP; they should know what to do.

For Windows, its also the same setup in SAP as normal, except for the "Host Printer" you want to put
printservername\queuename

Where printservername = your print server hostname (or IP) and queuename is the name of the queue as it is on the print server.

The only other change you will likely have to make is open port 515 from the SAP server to the print server. You can test that from the OS level first, by doing: telnet (print server name) 515

Hope this helps..

P.S. There is also another method of using Host Spool Access Method U: or S:, but these aren't recommended for production printing. The main benefit is that nearly all the administration is done on the customer end / print server end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I have configured the printer and the I am having the problem.

I have posted the problem in new thread .

Regards,

Raju.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raju,

Check this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c1/d4ea3bb5af9112e10000000a11402f/content.htm

you need to choose access method accordingly, rest information what you have is sufficient to configure printer.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since its Dev systems go and play. Any ways printer confi wont effect any 1. Later u can delete config.

In SPAD Under Access Method------give Host Spool Access Method as L type, Host printer as Queue name

and Host Name as the host on which print server is there. Usually it wil b server host name itself(In ur case Dev host name).

But please check print server host is same or different.

Regards,

Ravi