cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save custom field in Travel ABAP Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was hoping to get some help with the a problem I am having with enhancing the travel abap web dynpro. The requirement is when a user creates a trip through the portal and they get to the very last screen the review screen that there is a custom field that needs to be saved with the other trip data. Right now I have created a custom field on the review screen in WDC FITE_VC_REVIEW. Now I need to figure out how to save this custom field with the other travel data when a person clicks on the submit for approval button. This field actually needs to be saved in the PTRV_HEAD table in the ZUSAG field. I know that the WDC is using the assistance class CL_FITE_ASSISTANCE that calls method SAVE_EXPENSE_REPORT when it is saving an expense report. This method has attribute GS_GENERAL_DATA that has the travel general data and also has the field that I need to populate. I am not sure how I can populate this field. Any ideas on how to do this.

Thank you!

Abra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is possible to enhance method SAVE_EXPENSE_REPORT,

use SET/GET parameter stmnt to SET the parameter in the web dynpro and GET it inside SAVE_EXPENSE_REPORT method.

Or

find a suitable exit for the trip saving, GET the parameter and update the field.

Thanks

Abhi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

indu_07
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is there any sample/reference code available for the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses.

I was hoping to bind it to the context but the actual field I needed was not in the context. WDC FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA had many fields from the structure where my field was so I thought I could just add it there and see if it would map but it did not map automatically.

I did solve the problem. I used exit EXIT_SAPMP56T_002 and the set and get parameters. I set the parameter in the WDC and used get parameter in the exit.

Thank you for your help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

as per your information it should be just the binding your custom field with the attribute available. data will be automatically transferred. Otherwise in the method, where u r saving the travel details, read the context attribute with which your field is bind and pass the value to the parameter of the method. u can use overwrite exit to implement this.

Regards

Vishal Kapoor