cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-SD-Pricing Vs Vendavo (http://www.vendavo.com)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone please let me know the difference between Price Management soluiton ( by Vendavo) Vs

SAP core module (SD-Pricing). I am trying to undrestand capability and benefit.

Appreciate any help.

THanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor

Why don't you ask Vendavo how their solution is better than SAP?

SAP Pricing is included in standard SD module, you don't have to pay anything extra for it. I'm assuming Vendavo wants $$$ for their app. Therefore they should justify it, not the other way around. IMHO.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know much about Vendavo. However in my experience Pricing in SAP especially SAP-SD is one of the flagship functionalities provided by SAP. The pricing functionality in SAP covers all possible scenarios including Configurable materials, Bill of Materials, Free items, Returnable packaging and a lot more. I dont think this much of features is available in any other ERP package.

Also SAP Pricing is optimised at the conceptual level itself, extension of the concept to various other determination procedures stand testimonyto this. At the operational level, there are lot of methods used to make pricing effective, efficient and lean for the specific projects. There are also lotof OSS notes related to pricing under various scenarios and abundant condition types enabled to handle specific scenarios.

Even in such a complex process, customisation is made very easy by means of routines, User exits and so on. The masterdata maintanence is also simple easy to manage in SAP compared to other packages. The pricing analysis is also not as developed as in case of SAP-SD

I have discussed with friends in Oracle Applications and realise that there are various functionalities in SAP which cannot be met in OA by directconfiguration.

Also as already mentioned, you dont need to buy pricing module separately, it comes within R/3.