cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if I can install a JAVA component on a SAP product ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

I have a generic question.

I need to know if a JAVA Component can be installed in a system.

Let's take an example :

==> There is EP Core Java Component.

==> My question : May I install this JAVA Software Component EP Core in a SAP SRM 7.0 / NW 7.01 system ?

I know there is http://service.sap.com/scl link which explain the content of each SAP Product and SAP Software Component.

But how do I know if a specifif JAVA Component (example EP Core, SAP MDM Server, ...) can be installed on each SAP AS-JAVA ?

Best regards

CP2009

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the answer to your question, you have to read the installation master guides of each SAP products. It explains the architecture and the possible software components.

So read the master guide for SAP SRM 7.0 and you will know if you can install EP Core !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Olivier,

But my question does not concern only SAP SRM or the EP Core Software Component.

This is a generic question and I would like to know if there is a tool to check if a software component can be installed in a specific SAP Product ?

Best regards

CP2009

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear CP2009

This information is stated in guides but a quick trick can be the following

Go to [https://service.sap.com/sp-stacks] and click on "sp stack download" in the left pane menu.

Then select your product version on right pane for example SP Stack SAP SRM 7.0

This will open a popup window

Fill in start stack and target stack (can be whatever in this case, it's just to check what usage types are available)

On one of the next screen you will have to choose which usage types are installed.

From that screen I can derive that for product "Portal Content SRM" or "SRM Supplier Java" you need component EP Core.

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (0)