Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MMS Portal Installation for NW701 Portal and ERP60 w EHP4

wolfgang_haerle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for guidance in order to install the latest ESS/MSS business packages for a NW701 based Portal with an ERP60/EHP4 based backend system. I looked into the Master Install Guide but it still did not answer my questions which Java components are required as well as wich ESS/MSS files/versions need to be installed. I am hoping someone went throught his process and can share their experience. Also Rapid Installer (which I used before) does not seem to support NW701?!

Thanks, Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

I had exactly the same problem and it took me a long time to understand what to install.

The product I finally installed is (take your breath !)

"SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 Java on Windows MS SQL Server Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 1"

There are very strong dependencies between ESS/MSS business packages and the HR abap backend system (ECC6 EHP4).

I could not find any useful information in the official installation guide or in OSS notes (the info is in the notes but I could not understand it...).

The place where I found the clear information is here on SDN on the wiki

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/HCMESS] and specially this page [How to get rid of SP Stack mismatch issues|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/HOWTOGETRIDOFSPSTACKMISMATCH+ISSUES] thanks to Marcio Leoni and Marcia Juliana de Lima.

I hope this helps.

Olivier

wolfgang_haerle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Olivier,

thanks so much for your answer. This looks very promising, just one last question: How did you come up with installing

"SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 Java on Windows MS SQL Server Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 1"?

I had a look at the wiki pages but could not relate to this information?

Thanks for all your help!

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wolfgang,

>How did you come up with installing

>

>"SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 Java on Windows MS SQL Server Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 1"?

I had no existing portal and was just asked to install an "ESS system". It took me several days of reading (specially the ERP6 master guide) to find out what really to install. I guess now that it would also have been possible to install EP 7.0 EHP1.

As I chose to install EP + EP core components my ERP 6 JAva is in fact an EP system !

Well I have now a developement ESS system up and running and the qualification system is currently being installed.

Good luck with your own installation.

Olivier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to download ESS/MSS packages which is based on EHP4, you need to first register your portal system as ERP system in SMSY only then you will be able to get packages of ESS/MSS.

For information, read Technical FAQ guide on http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp.

Please find below extract from this guide:

5.7 How can I calculate the EHP4 packages for Java-based product instances of SAP ERP 6.0, such as SAP XSS (Self Services)?

Before you can calculate the EHP4 packages for Java based product instances, you must assign the SID of the Java-based system to the appropriate instances of an SAP ERP 6.0 system in transaction SMSY. To do this, click on the SID of an SAP ERP 6.0 system (for example, the ECC Server system) and make the required entries in the Selection of Main Instances tab (below, NW7 is an example for the SID of your Java-based system):

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Solution Manager Optimizer to download patches. It will take care of all the dependencies and versions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed