cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to JDBC Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I'm doing a IDOc to JDBC scenario, there is some intermediate processing in between which involves getting response from DB & sending final update message to DB using JDBC. Till obtaining response & sending final update is getting executed successfully but i was asked to handle exception case in BPM where if we get empty response then an alert should be raised & send to the recepient

So for doing this i had some questions

1. I included exception branch & assigned two control steps in it one for sending Alert & other for cancelling process. Is this fine or do we not have deadline step as mandatory to handle exceptions ?

2. How can we identify whether response from JDBC is empty in BPM, exactly where can we set application acknowledgement for synchronus send step in BPM,becoz when there is empty response process should go to exception branch for handling this ?

Need ur suggestions Pls..

Regards,

VKG.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. I included exception branch & assigned two control steps in it one for sending Alert & other for cancelling process. Is 
this fine or do we not have deadline step as mandatory to handle exceptions ?

Thats fine....deadline is normally required for Async_Send and receive case.....the SYNC call will be completed within a given time-frame.....so if you want to set deadline then make sure that you select a trade-off between the SYNC_Timeout and your business need.

2. How can we identify whether response from JDBC is empty in BPM, exactly where can we set application 
acknowledgement for synchronus send step in BPM,becoz when there is empty response process should go to exception 
branch for handling this ?

You have to make use of a SWITCH branch and then check if the response if blank or not.....check if a node exists and if it exists then check if it has some value or not.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I had defined exception branch for terminating the process if no response is obtained, included Control step & in its properties "Cancel Process" is selected.

When i chk for errors in BPM I'm getting message "Exception will never be thrown" can we ignore this warning & proceed further to activate BPM so that if error occurs exception reaches to that exception branch & cancles the process ?

Is it mandatory to define a deadline line step to catch this exception.. becoz i was not given any time span as a deadline & also in the properties window of Synchronus send step & Transformation step is it necessary to define our exception name in "Exceptions-->SystemError" & in case of mapping error will process goes to exception branch.. if "SystemError" value is set in the properties window.

Any suggestions..Pls

Rgds.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When i chk for errors in BPM I'm getting message "Exception will never be thrown" can we ignore this warning & proceed 
further to activate BPM so that if error occurs exception reaches to that exception branch & cancles the process ?

You have not defined an Exception Handler for your BLOCK....define it.....and then use it in the Exception Branch....unless this is done the Exception wont be caught.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for ur reply

I had defined exception handler for the Block & included Control step in it to Cancel the process. But still when i chk BPM for errors getting the same message "Exception will never be thrown" can i ignore this, if done so in case of any exception will proces reach to exception branch for canceling process ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for ur reply

I had defined exception handler for the Block & included Control step in it to Cancel the process. But still when i chk BPM for errors getting the same message "Exception will never be thrown" can i ignore this, if done so in case of any exception will proces reach to exception branch for canceling process ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for ur reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

For acheiving below requiremnt :

2. How can we identify whether response from JDBC is empty in BPM, exactly where can we set application acknowledgement for synchronus send step in BPM,becoz when there is empty response process should go to exception branch for handling this ?

Any more sugestions Pls..

Regards,

VKG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not mandatory to use the Deadline monitoring step to handle exceptions..

Deadline step is needed if you are collecting the data till by what time the data is to be collected...

2. You need to validate the Xpath of some variables of response for finding out this...or validation of some variables if can indicate the decision of response...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I had defined exception branch for terminating the process if no response is obtained, included Control step & in its properties "Cancel Process" is selected.

When i chk for errors in BPM I'm getting message "Exception will never be thrown" can we ignore this warning & proceed further to activate BPM so that if error occurs exception reaches to that exception branch & cancles the process ?

Is it mandatory to define a deadline line step to catch this exception.. becoz i was not given any time span as a deadline & also in the properties window of Synchronus send step & Transformation step is it necessary to define our exception name in "Exceptions-->SystemError" & in case of mapping error will process goes to exception branch.. if "SystemError" value is set in the properties window.

Any suggestions Pls..

Regrds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for ur reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Getting error while posting reply, Pls ignore additional replica messages.