cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM - MFS - Telegram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I attempt to understand the EWM-MFS telegram creation..

One can define Actions and ActionFunctions, TelegramStructures, ... within the MFS customizing. But where is the conversion, creation of telegrams to communicate with PLC? I have problems to understand the concrete interplay of the various elements of EWM-MFS..

Can somebody give me some aid?

Regards!

Bahit A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen, We are in EWM9.5 we are trying to use latest ABAP push channel concept. That is without PCo to connect to our robot control unit(PLC). Now the question is this Robot vendor can work only with REST or SOAP message. Where can we do the conversion from Telegram message to REST/SOAP message? Could you pl. clarify this.

Thanks & Br

Mathi

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the conversion is done via an RFC adapter. The EWM system sends a RFC to this adapter (which for exmple can be the Pco (Plant Connectivity), but also another adapter), which makes the TCP/IP communication with the PLC.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Could you list some other adapter, other than PCO?

Thanks in advance

--

Iban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course it is quite a long time ago, but did you - or others - solve the problem? I'm struggling with the same issue.

When exactly and by which functions is the telegram creation done? When I generate and save a warehouse task (relocation) no telegram is created by the EWM, even though I have customized the PLC.

Kind Regards

Phil