cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Content Repository with more then two characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I just tried to create a content repository with more then 2 characters length. The system shows a message "CMS006" "SAP ArchiveLink only allows 2-character keys".

Can somebody please explain me why this restriction exists and how to bypass this limitation?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

thank you for your help.

Regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

In OAC0 select storage type as 03 (SAP System Database) or 04 (HTTP Content sever) whichever you are using.

Don't select 06(RFC archive).

Also assign this storage category in OACT.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the problem occurs as soon as I choose for the field "Document Area" the entry "ARCHLINK ArchiveLink". As storage type I use 04 HTTP content server.

Meanwhile I debugged the error message and it seems that RFC and RPC archives can handle only two digits content repository id's.

It would be great if someone knows how to bypass this restriction.

Regards,

Milan

PS: We are working with SAP ECC 6.0

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

please enter the value 'DMS' in the field 'Document Area' to avoid this error message.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

unfortunately I have to use ArchivLink and therefore DMS is not an option.

Anyhow thank you very much for your feedback.

Regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not have to use Z with ArchiveLink in OAC0 so this may make it easier. Normal procedure for this area is to use naming conventions like F1, F2 etc for FI data or documents and H1, H2 for HR data.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Milan,

due to your description it seems to me that you are trying to create a new archive and here the ID is limited to 2 characters only. In case you create a content repository in transaction OAC0 or a storage category for KPRO in OACT you should be able to use more than 2 characters for the ID.

Best regards,

Christoph