cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Domain Upgrade From NT4.0 to 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are running SAP on SQL 2000/win2000. The SAP Domain is still in NT40. I am planning to upgrade the SAP Domain from NT4.0 to 2003 with Active directory Implementation. We have a 2 domain model at the organization (User Domain and SAP Domain)

The only resource I found regarding a domain upgrade involving active directory is OSS Note# 169468

where I find a very short refernce to Domain Upg.

Any one who is aware of more resources on this topic

please let me know.

Also any input from guys who have done this procedure

will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks and best Regards

george

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No there is no more information on Domain Upgrades to W2K Domains.

Upgrading a domain from NT4 to Windows 2000 is primary a Windows specific task where designing the active directory structure specially in larger and locally distributed organizations is an important task.

Therefore please consult Microsoft Support Resources for detailed information on this task.

regards

Peter

Message was edited by: Peter Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pete!

Yes, we have pretty much charted everything out

on the windows-microsoft side

I was additionally on the look out for glitches

that users might have experienced

Esp regarding the saploc/sapmnt shares or

any issues with permissions etc

Any information/input from upgrade of SAP Domain

will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks Again!

Cyriac George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

We completed an upgrade from NT 4 to Windows 2003 a couple of years ago, with our production R/3, CRM and ITS machines all running Windows 2000 as part of the NT4 domain.

Admittedly we only had one domain containing both users and resources, however the process did not adversely affect the SAP systems. The shares were all fine as were the credentials of the service and administrator accounts after the upgrade.

And on an aside, we now run several SAP R/3 4.6C and CRM 4.0SR1 systems on Win2k3 SP1 with no problems to report. Getting the latest kernel addressed a couple of intial glitches with disp+work instances falling over - other than that, plain sailing!

regards

Ian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cyriac,

I am a colleague of Mr. Suresh Menon from Mumbai. I have heard a lot about you from him.

In fact we had been trying to get your contact details so that we can get in touch with you.

Good to see you in this forum.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishnu,

I have sent you a reply in your email id

Please confirm if you received this mail

Thanks

Cyriac George