cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning to HR Infotypes (PSS and CUP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have a question regarding CUP and its different components.

In order to use the password self-service, the user needs to get verified. In our case, this verification is performed against the SAP HR data. So the user uses its USERID (Infotype 0105) and the ID-Number (Infotype 002).

I assume many companies have set it up that way (I don't mean specifically the verification versus ID-Number, but the verification versus an additional infotype).

Therefore it is critical for the password self-service to work, that these two infotypes are maintained!

Now, my question is, if we create a new user orchange a user with CUP, will CUP update the infotypes, so that this new user is also able to use the password self service?

I hope I made the problem clear!?

Thanks

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CUP only updates user master records, the data that is their in SU01 transaction. With PSS you can change the password of the user. Here you can authenticate user by HR data or by challenge response.

CUP does not update the HR info types.

Kind Regards,

Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the answers...

so this is just as I expected. But how do you do this then? I mean usually you have lots of users so "challenge response" is not really the best solution since everybody has to register first in order to use PSS.

If you want to use CUP to create a user via workflows, but it does not maintain the required fields for PSS, then the automation is not really fulfilling its purpose...

THX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gert,

You are right. This is one of the limitation. But Usually Data for the HR system is created first and it supposed to maintain for every user. User will asking for the access in other systems by CUP application and he/she will be a new user in this system.

You can try a chance to use HR Authentication for PSS,

Kind Regards,

Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete,

This is a valid question. As far as I know, CUP only makes changes to user master recored and it can not make changes to infotypes.

Alpesh