cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Access denied" on drop-down list UI element when integrated in an iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just created an iView to integrate a Web Dynpro application in a Portal, and I get a javascript error "access denied" when I click on a drop down list UI element.

Of course I don't get this error when I access directly the WD without navigating through the portal.

I defined a user mapping in the portal and the WD is running with an administrator user account.

Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you accessing the portal? It should be accessed with the fully qualified domain name, like

http://<host>.<domain>:<port>/irj.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin, Satyajit,

you are right, domain names matter in these javascript issues.

Unfortunately, in my case I get even more javascripts errors when I use the fully qualified names.

I tested the 4 possible combinations (portal access / WD runtime system definition) with adding or removing domain names :

When I add the domain in the portal URL and the system definition, I can't even access the standard iViews like "System Administration".

The best case is when I remove all the domains : here I only get the DDList error I reported in this topic.

In the 2 last cases, I access the iViews but I can' use any UI element in the WD (buttons...).

Regards,

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you retrieving values from the back-end to display in the DropDown? How have you defined the property <i>"WAS host"</i> for the portal system that you have created for the back-end?

You might get this error if the way you have defined this <i>WAS host</i> property and the way you are calling the portal are different. For example, if your WAS host property is <i>"<hostname>:<portnumber>"</i> and you are calling your portal as <i>"localhost:<portnumber>"</i>, then you will get this error.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

yes the values of the list come from an R/3 backend. But I didn't need to define a portal system for this backend : this system is defined in the SLD and then used by the JCo destination.

Do you mean we should add the domain name to the host name in the SLD ?

Regards,

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

<i>Do you mean we should add the domain name to the host name in the SLD ?</i>

Yes, make a change there and then access the portal with the fully qualified domain name.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the moment I am not allowed to modify SLD data. I'll let you know as soon as I am able to test it.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Julien

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has something to do with domain names. Which domains are involved here?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

the Portal WAS and and the WD Runtime WAS are running on 2 different hosts, but they are located in the same domain :

<host1name>.<customerdomain> and <host2name>.<customerdomain>

Julien