cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debugging question - source not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

I expect this is a pretty basic question but I am trying to debug a Dynpro app for the first time and am constantly running into an error:

Class File Editor

Source not found

it then gives me the option of changing the attached source but I haven't a clue what source I should be attaching.

For reference, one of the pieces of code this error pops up on is when I am stepping through the following loop. I set a breakpoint on the first line and then try to step into the next line and BOOM; the error pops up.

Any suggestions where I can learn more about this kind of issue (and how to solve it) would be greatly appreciated.

for (int i = 1; i <= soNode.size(); i++){

if (soNode.getElementAt(i - 1).isChangedByClient()){

for (int y=1; y<=12; y++){

if (soNode.getElementAt(i - 1).getAttributeValue("M" + i) != soNode_Before.getElementAt(i - 1).getAttributeValue("M" + i)){

soChangedElement.setAttributeValue("M" + i,Boolean.TRUE);

}

}

}

}

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sheldon Lyttle :

"source not found" is normal . If you got this prompt,that means WD debugger failed to find the source

code with respect to the current class you are debugging.As your case , when the program go into soNode.size() method ,WD try to find out the source

-

<b>Node.java</b> file to which soNode.size() belongs . but it won't find the file ,this because class Node is provided by SAP instead of you. All the STANDARD class like Node didn't come with source (.java file). if you wish to take a look source of these super calss , you might employ certain tool that is able to generate source(.java) from class(.calss) , then put these ".java" file into the same file folder as the jar file , For me , All the .java file for com.sap.dictionary.runtime

package are placed over here

C:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\plugins\

com.sap.dictionary.runtime\lib\

webdynproprogmodel\com\sap\tc\

webdynpro\progmodel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! All these replies were helpful but yours (guixin chen

) really made it clear to me what was going on under the covers.

Many thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheldon,

The message you are getting while using the debugger just means that the debugger cannot find the source code for the class... , which is one of SAPs compiled classes. This is normal, and not an error.

Keep on continuing the debugging after a while you will be getting the source code..

or as Maksim Rashchynski suggeseted if you are using more then a single project or any JAR files..

with regards,

Lakshmanan

Message was edited by: Lakshmanan Thirungnana Sambanddam

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheldon,

In "Debugger Source Lookup" dialog window uncheck checkbox "Use default source lookup path", click on "Add projects..." and mark all projects wich contain reuqired sources. Or use "Add JARs..." or "Add Extenral JARs..." in case of jar files within project or external jars.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.