cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM 7.0 and WEBUI in NWBC: how do you connect them ?

Eric_Ledu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am lucky enough to be allowed to play with a ERP 6.0 EhP4 system, together with a NWBC 3.0 client.

So far I have suceeded (almost) to connect NWBC to SAP ERP and to the SAP Portal, with a PLM Role.

BUT I just can't have the new functionalities working properly, and I have found no doc (on SDN or Sap Service) to give the details of the installation, other than the standard notes on NWBC.

More specifically I miss the line you need to enter in NWBC to create the link to the ERP system.

Has anyone succeeded ? What is the cockpit (on NWBC, the end of the /sap/bc... line must state a cockpit)

When I succeed, I wil likely post a blog with a step by step, because it is definitely missing

Best regards

eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are more than one answers to this question...

- In Transaction SICF please search for servic nwbc (sap/bc/nwbc) and test it. You can then cut and paste the URL to the NWBC URL field. That's it (if the right PFCG roles are assigned to the user).

- NWBC 3.0 and PLM 7.0 has some restrictions, documented in note 1368177 (NW 7.01 - SP 6, no general release for PLM). So the older version of NWBC would be better. In PLM 7.01 the NWBC 3.0 works very nice...

Hope that helps,

Martin

Eric_Ledu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

I forgot to mention that I have read all the standard notes on the subject, and that I am preparing a conference for SAP, on one of the official 'SAP prep server' on the WTS farm (I am on CITRIX)

I tried to follow the note 1368177 : the table NWBC_CFG does not exist yet, so I suppose I don't have the right ERP version

I have also tried NWBC 1.0, as you advised....... when I specify sap/bc/nwbc in the URL, I am told that there's a cockpit missing

and when I say sap/bc/nwbc/testcockpit....I have a 'Unknow command' error message...

and I forgot to say that I always have a certificate problem: could it be the trouble ?

Best regards

Eric

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it an SAP internal system? What is the system name?

You can try it with /sap/bc/dal/demoA

Martin

Eric_Ledu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am playing with the prep server T38, client 800, and I have a PLM-00 user, with all the webui roles

the funny thing is that it works with a portal connection in NWBC 3.0....

Best

Eric

Eric_Ledu
Participant
0 Kudos

Martin

no with NWBC 1.0, and the /dal/demoA extension, it works.

I think I will stick to this combaination to prepare my demo (people won't really ncare if it's not the latest version...)

I will now try to find how to define the dashboards and PCV panels, as they don't seem to exist by default

Viele Danke for all your time and your help !!

Best

Eric

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

for the side-panel this could be useful:

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2008/helpdata/EN/f6/166341c7c98147e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

-> Business Scenario Configuration -> Config for the PLM WebUi

Good luck,

Martin

Answers (0)