cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an interface. It doesn't have a sender inpur file. All I need to do is configure a receiver file adapter with three constant values. The values are hard coded. The first two values are hard coded and last one is posting date. The file should be processed twice a week, on saturdays and sundays.

Can I go ahead with out using sender file adapter.

I can use " Availabilty Time Planning " of CC and configure it to poll on the respective days. But my doubt is will receiver file adapter do this on its own ? Shouldn't it be triggered ? If that was sender file adapter then it would have processed it. So should I use a sender file adapter to send a dummy value ?

How to proceed ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not possible with the standard options. What is the problem with adding one simple sender channel? Other option could unnecessarily increase the effort for implementation.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek

how do I go ahead with another sender communication channel ? Do I have to create a business system and all ? There is no source for me. So how I go about creating the sender comunication channel ?

Can you elaborate on tht ?

Ajith

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

create bussiness component/service under that create one sender communication channel,but you have to provide some file directory details with one sample file.

sender cc will pick up this message,but in mapping level dont map this sender file content to target just map constant values.

i hope you clear with that.

Regards.

Raj

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the same Business Service as you would have used at the receiver end for receiver file system. PIck any dummy file with any data which will act as the trigger point of your scenario. In the mapping, you can add constants as required.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

Do I have to do the IR part. Or just create the ID part would be enough ? Also after creating sender CC do I have to do the Receiver Determination, Interface Determination, Sender and receiver agreements ? Should I do them as this is only a dummy sender adapter and not real one ?

Ajith

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajith,

IR part mandatory,you have to map constant values to target structure right,so it is required.

Regards,

Raj

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, as there is mapping present, even though its only constant. Create all the steps. This would be still a small task without any complications.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's tough one... I think it is not possible.

Regards,

Abid

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting scenario,i never done...as per my knowledge it iis not possible,if this interface has realtion with other interface like executuionn time(if both interfaces execution time same)then you can create other message interface for rreceive do multi mapping place send the file to ftp.

Regards,

Raj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if you use ATP it wont trigger the processing automatically....some value has to be passed from the sender channel for the further processing to begin.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

So what dummy value should I pass ? First of all, is it possible to do that ? How do we pass dummy value in ths case ? Any inputs