cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding and reading the parameters from the WebDynpro Application URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a WebDynpro Application with two views. Based on the values populated by the user in the first view, I am pulling the data from database and populating the data in the second view. I do have a scenario where I have to skip the first screen and show the second screen directly. But, for the values that has to be populated in first screen, I am planning to append the parameters in the url and provide the link to the users via email.

Is it possible to add parameters to URL and read those Parameter values when user clicks on the URL.

Thanks & Regards

swetha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we add some URL Parameters to the Application then the with the same of the URL Paramerter we need to create a Paramters in the Interface View of the application for the startupo plug. The values of the parameters are passed to the Arguments of the method onPlugstatrtup and from here you can store these values in a Context and manipulate the Application accordingly.

Thanks,

Raju Bonagiri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Code for accessing params in webdynpro java:

String urlParamVal = WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter().getRequestObject().getParameter("URL_PARAMETER");

if((urlParamVal != null) && (urlParamVal.trim().length() > 0))

{

<Write the code>

}

Reading parameters:

Regards,

Lavanya.G