cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: LDAP connector & Microsofts AD version

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am planning to connect ECC 6.0 to Microsofts AD through LDAP Connector. About this, I have 2 questions.

1) Is ECC 6.0 compatible to MS AD 2008? I know it works in MS 2003 version but I am sure in MS 2008 version. I can't find the document in PAM.

2) Two way synchronization between ECC and MS AD is possible?

I heard that LDAP connector support only one way sync. i.e. LADP to ECC, not ECC to LADP?

I've searched the SDN documents but not sure of this.

Thanks for your kind help in advance.

Yong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yong,

1) Is ECC 6.0 compatible to MS AD 2008? I know it works in MS 2003 version but I am sure in MS 2008 version. I can't find the document in PAM.

Yes, it is compatible with MS 2007.

2) Two way synchronization between ECC and MS AD is possible?

I heard that LDAP connector support only one way sync. i.e. LADP to ECC, not ECC to LADP?

I've searched the SDN documents but not sure of this.

Only LDAP to ECC synchronization is possible.

Regards

Anwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anwar,

Thanks for your answers.

I've seen the another answer about #2 question in SDN.

see the original below.

-

" You can create users in LDAP/AD from SAP without a problem. SAP provides function modules to create/maintain/delete users with LDAP attributes in the correct ou path.

You can also perform group membership assignment in LDAP from SAP if needed.

I have done this quite a few times at different companies that use SAP HCM.

A userid in SAP is created automatically during hiring action with default password e.g. birthday of employee and certain authorization roles based on configured information.

The userid is then created right away in LDAP in the correct ou path (controlled via custom configuration table) and LDAP group membership is assigned.

A job runs every 8 hours to perform delta updates in LDAP.

The userid in SAP and LDAP are locked automatically if the user is terminated using termination action in HR."

-

Q: Is it different from LDAP Connector? It is little bit confusing to me. If you know why, let me have the answer.

Regards,

Yong