Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have a couple of questions regarding inspection methods

I have assigned 2 methods in MIC and in inspection plan selected only one.

when I want to use Ins.Method for CoA, how sytem will pick the method & which one.

what is use of multiple methods assigned to MIC.

While printing CoA ,by default program is not picking any Method ..

Please give some idea

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You typically only assign one method per plant to the MIC.

In the plan, you can than pick the method for the plant.

Your COA prints the method that is found in the inspection lot.

If the method is not printing on the COA, you should first check the COA profile and verify that the characteristic listed in the profile calls for the method. (I assume you are not using batch/general characteristics in the profile).

If the methods never print for any COA's, check the SAPscript form being used and make sure method printing is available in the form.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

As Sujit has explained your Cert profile will definitely pick up the method you have assigned in insp. plam.

Is your method not being shown in QC01 or its not being printed. If its not being printed, then check that you have selected the correct option for method in "characteristics" tab of QC01 (It shows 3 options short text, long text, no...these are options for what to print. If no is selected, method wont be printed). and also check in layout that you have opted for method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I want to use Ins.Method for CoA, how system will pick the method & which one.

System will always pick the inspection method & MIC combination which you have mentioned in the task list.

Assigning more that one inspection method to a MIC will help you when same MIC has different methods exists like say for dim A mic when you use in the fabrication you have method as "fabric" & when same MIC is used in welding you have method as a "welding"

Dynamically you can select the method in the task list creation.