cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer specific inspection lots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a typical problem. my client is using a packing order for packing drums. I am doing GRN inspection for this packing transaction and these same results are printed on the quality certificates during despatch to the customer since the packing is done in advance. my problem is that they also have a few additional parameters to be inspected for some particular customers (2 or 3 customers) I am able to attach the customer name in material assignments for despatch inspection. I cant attach during packing since i dont know which customer during packing. i need the system to generate customer despatch lots only if there is a customer specific plan. otherwise i DO NOT WANT inspection lot to be generated.

At the moment the system is generating lot for every delivery for despatch.

Awaiting replies.

Thanks,

Ariel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ariel,

Your query is not clear for me.

Do you know at the time of GRN who will be your customer?

Inspection plans can be assigned to vendors and customers. Explore the material assignmnet tab in change/create inspection plan. But that wont solve the issue as your material is same for both and inspection type 01 is what you might be using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnali/ Anil,

My issue is slightly complicated,

1) at the time of GRN of FG (Packing order) i do NOT know which customer to be despatched to, so i do a general inspection which is applicable to 90% of customers. In this case when i despatch i am printing COA from the packing inspection lots and despatching, system should NOT block the material for QC during Despatch.

2) for the 10% customers where further parameters are to be checked, I have created customer specific plans (using material assignments) and for these customers, i want the despatch to be blocked and QC to be done.

I dont want inspection for all deliveries, same material i want the lot to be generated only if the customer specific plan is maintained.

Thanks,

Ariel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ariel,

Though am not sure, but you can explore this:

In customer info record, if you click on "new info record", a window appears which have options "before delivery" and "after delivery" inpection. For one customer, check before delivey and the for the other after delivery. You can try this in quality/dev/sand box and see what happens.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ariel,

you can maintaint the customer info record.

there you maintain the material and customer as welll as the specification customer wise.

Kindly check and revert back.

Regards,

Anil