cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target system is SRM system itself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My SRM test has one product category has a source system (ECC backend MM system) and target system is SRM system itself.

Does it mean the follow-on po will be created SRM system . will it be standalone or extended classic? May I assume that defining the target system is a way to activate the classic or extended classic product category wise as above?

Thanks in advance,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it will be like that.

Your product category created in SRM system - Pretty sure . thats why source system is SRM system and target system is ECC system.

There are some customers creates a product category which is equivalent to material group.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

in my case, the source system is ECC and the target system is SM system. I thought it was another way to control the scenario's used for a product category.

Now, coming to your comment, is it possible for a product category to have source system SRM and the target system ECC. Since the material replication always happens from backend (ECC) system to SRM, how it is possible? is it done manually? What is the business case for such configurations?

Regards,

Ranjan

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 3 modes and 2 customizing settings( Target system by category and Extended flag)

Classic - Target system is ERP

Standalone - Target system is SRM, Extended flag is off

Extended Cla. - Target system is SRM, Extended flag is on

You can control those dynamically with BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS and BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BA.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks a lot for the useful info. I have checked the badi BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS and BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BA. With these Badi's, one can influence the system's generic settings in determine backend system as well as overwriting the technical scenario for a specific product or product category.

If I am not wrong, one can activate all three technical scenario's simultaneously depending on the product category (decoupled scenarios). I would like to know is there any standard customizing settings where one activate three modes as mentioned by you as below:

Classic - Target system is ERP

Standalone - Target system is SRM, Extended flag is off

Extended Cla. - Target system is SRM, Extended flag is on.

Thanks in advance,

Ranjan

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard customizing are available in IMG.

- Define Backend System for Product Category under Technical Basic Settings

- Activate Extended Classic Scenario under Cross-Application Basic Settings

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How is it possible to use both extended classic and standalone in the same SRM server  Do i  use this BADI (SRM Server->Business Add-Ins->Control Extended Classic Scenario->Activate Extended Classic Scenario)?  Based on my reading, it seems this BADI is relevant to switch between extended classic and classic scenarios. 

From what i understand, we can control the standalone scenario via the define backend system configuration (SAP SRM -> SRM Server -> Technical Basic Settings -> Define Backend System for Product Category).  Since I have one set of product categories, I believe i have to implement this BADI (BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS, method:   DETERMINE_LOGSYS - SAP SRM -> SRM Server -> Business Add-Ins ->Shopping Carts and Requirement Items -> Determine Backend System / Company Code) in order to determine the correct backend system based on company/plant for example. 

Do I think then leave the extended classic scenario activated (IMG --> Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server-> Cross-Application Basic Settings->

Activate Extended Classic Scenario)? 

Or how do i achieve both standalone and extended classic using one SRM server?

cheers,

AD