cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy, discarding production client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two system landscape: production and dev/qa with both having about 2TB database size. Now I have a requirement to create separate development system but I only have 300GB of disc space for that.

Is there a possibility to do a systemcopy by discarding production client so that only programs are copied (only copying client 000??) but transactional data and masterdata is dicarded?

I know I can make clientcopy by only copying customizing objects but this does not take changed abap with it.

br,

erki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Erki,

try a remote client copy (SCC9) using profile SAP_USER (you want to keep the Master Data and the Authorization Profiles, but not the customer data, correct?)

The process for the Remote Client Copy:

A Remote Client Copy works as follows:

a) Create a list of tables to be copied. The process here is the same as for a local copy (once in the source clients and once in the target clients in each case). For more information on selecting data, see notes 19574 and 24853.

b) Test the dictionary compatibility between the system.

The structure of all tables to be copied is examined. If only some of the data can be copied because, for example, tables are missing in the target system or fields are missing in the tables the copy process is cancelled after the DDIC comparison. All table differences are recorded in the log.

Please check notes #557132, #24853 and #2857 (and their related notes) for more information, as well as the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c0f4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know about "Remote client copy". This is probably not what I need. I do not need the masterdata or profiles.

I only need an empty system which includes custom programming i.e. Z.. and Y.. programs plus custom changes to SAP code.

There are numerous changes to SAP code and I'm not sure if all transport requests are retained.

There is "Select for Tarnsport" button in SPAU and SPDD. Is it possible to use this to select all changes to programs and transport them to new system?

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Erki,

so what you need is a TDMS like Mark said - check this document: [SAP Test Data Migration Server: Creating High-Quality Test Systems With a Reduced Set of Data|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0875034-48ed-2c10-c4ac-fb1de939bd9b?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

On [this link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b43e2b4d-0b01-0010-c191-cba32880cb95], you'll find the Master Guide of the system.

And last but not least, we have a [dedicated forum |;for this topic, in case you need help.

Now regarding your questions about SPDD/SPAU, this is a different topic and isn't related to the TDMS/system copy you want to perform. These transactions are for adjusting the dictionary objects and repository objects and are used during a system upgrade/support package installation mostly. Please check [this document|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/49/3e920229002221e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm] for more information.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for answering. But TDMS is clearly overkill as my task is one time only no later refresh needed. And I do not need to replicate any data besides only abap program changes and z programs. I'm a little dissapointed that there is no standard/straightforward way to just create a systemcopy by including only client 000 for example.

I will probably install new empty system and pick by hand those program changes into a transport request.

thanks anyway,

erki

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be done with the tool SAP TDMS. This tool is special designed for this kind scenarios..

Kind regards,

Mark