cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

in PRD server i have set parameters rdisp/gui_auto_logout = 1800 & rdisp/max_wprun_time= 3000,

this means if the user kept the session idle for above 1800 sec, then user will be logged out & if the wp exceeded the time 3000 sec then it closes the session.

but still user sessions shows in SM66 with time above 50000, if we set the above mention parameters then users should logout in the time given in these parameters,

the sessions was contnously running if we wont close maually.

what could be the reason - kindly suggest.

i want if the users didnt close the SAP sessions prperly, then it should automatically logout the users.

Kindly suggest.

Regards!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are your parameters active on all dialog instances?

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check which work process it is using, background or dialog. As per my knowledge the rdisp/max_wprun_time is applicable for dialog process and if anything that runs in dialog process is running for more than specified time limit then it should throw a time out error. Where as the paramtere rdisp/gui_auto_logout parameter is for logging out the user whose session is idle for more than specified limit. Idle in the sense not running anything the system.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is on dialog WP.

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When did you set the parameters and do you have any dialog instances or only central instance. If you have dialog instances then the parameter have to be set on all the diaolg and central instance. After setting the parameters you need to restart the instances for the values to take effect if the parameters are set from RZ10 in instance profile.

Since it is a production system and if you do not have time to restart the instance then the same values can be set dynamically using RZ11 where the changed values will be effective immediatly and will be available untill the next restart of the system. After restart of system, values set by RZ11 will come back to old values. So for that we use RZ10 to set values permanently which requires a restart.

Hence, please check above and revert.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

we are having 3 application servers, i have the parameters in 2 of the servers & in third server we have not set any time for the conultants & users who executes long jobs.

Kept under observation & let you know.

thanks for help.

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case then check if the user was logged on to third server where the parameters not set.

Regards,

Sharath