cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI using seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Recently I have worked on EDI scenarios using Seeburger adapter.

there are so many in and outs for EDI / Seeburger ,

out of that I need some inputs on finalization of error handling framework for EDI implementation using Seeburger.

Please give your thoughts on error handling in EDI /Seeburger.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

agree with Sven here.

Use the standard alert framework of PI in this case for the error handling and reporting.

Plus the functional acks can be used to handle business level error handling and reporting as part of an EDI standard.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/04/27/alert-management-and-categorization-in-pi--a-view-point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven & Vijay ,Thanks for reply

I am very much okay with PI alerts and function ack (pdf) , my doubt is as below

for example - partner sends me shipment details , and the idoc received ok, but in posting (transaction in SAP ) it was rejected with error as mismatch in one of the item quantity (validation fired -standard or enhanced). or at the timeof actual shipment received (physically) there is mismatch in one of the item quantity in this case how we can proceed further - how we can automate the entire cycle , please give some thoughts.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the validation is performed at the adapter level using the BIC module, you will receive the error in Adapter engine monitoring.

If the same interchange contains different messages, you have to use [split/classify|/people/prateek.srivastava3/blog/2009/08/25/seeburger--part-6-150-classify-split-secret] modules. Then you have option to partly accept the message or accept it completely as per the business requirement.

If something is rejected at SAP, then it would mean that the EDI related validations doesn't have a problem. Then you have to either send a simultaneous mail to your partner of debug for error in SAP about the problem. This can't be then handled in PI.

Regards,

Prateek

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Afaik you can use request SAP to send an ALEAUD01 IDoc in return which you pass on back to your

business partner to report any problems at the business level.

I don't know what your processes look like but when you say "at the timeof actual shipment received "

I would think you're already past the point where you can actually do anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NetWeaver Expert,

Your question in the light of particular example you gave is a bit confusing i.e. Quantity mismatched. Firstly from business to business you would see there are different rules in place for this e.g. oversupply is not allowed however under supply is acceptable - in this case quantity is going to be mismatched but no triggers are required.

However trying to understand your overall question a bit more:

Your flow is like this:

Partner sent edi message

came through PI and got mapped to idoc xml

then at posting in ECC quantity got changed????? (not possible without manual intervention)

Please rephrase the question a bit if possible.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Beside my two cents above, your question can't really be answered without defining some business rules around it. So for the sake of discussion i am going to make up a scenario. And the cycle upto Despatch advice.

So business rules are:

1) Over supply not do able. Which implicitly means no manual changes in the incoming ORDER.

2) Under supply allowed as in the real world this will always happen as at the time of ORDER, the supplier side could be out of stock on a particular item ordered.

Message Cycle:

1) Order (Inbound)

2) Order confirmation (Outbound)

3) Dispatch advice (outbound) - DESADV

So briefly speaking based on how the Order confirmation is setup (based on business guidelines) will determine what we are suppose to handle.

If order confirmation is allowed to change the Order i.e. If no stock available and hence line item rejected it would update the original Order in the sending partners system hence no issues at the time of desadv (this is situation one). However if due to some human error more stock shipped than agreed upon in the DESADV then 'excess stock' process can be invoked and based on business rule it can be returned e.g.. This wouldn't require any message amendment. However if short delivered then what was agreed in DESADV partner can always request amends and new DESADV (corrected) can be issued.

I will stop here; I am hoping that i am making sense above? Will continue if i am making sense and then we can talk about technical side for addressing different situations.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mimranacc,

Very nicely taken... Thanks for putting efforts,

Currently some technical snag is hampering me.. I will reply by EOD .. Pl. be there.

regards,

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The Seeburger adapters/modules integrate seamlessly into PI I suggest you look into PI alerts for error notification in terms of mapping/conversion errors. You might want to have a look at functional acknowledgements also to be able to receive/send feedback from/to your VAN.

There's a pdf that comes with the software SAPXI_FunctionalAck_en.pdf