Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to logon to Portal

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have recently just built a Java only portal, however,I am unable to login to the portal. Whenever I try to login it does not come up with an error it just does not login, if I enter an incorrect password it comes up with user authentication error. I have looked in Visual administrator and within Key Storage and the TicketKeystore there is no data, I have tried to generate a new ticket but it comes up with an error

java.security.KeyStoreException: com.sap.engine.services.keystore.exceptions.BaseRemoteException: Remote call errored

at com.sap.engine.services.keystore.impl.KeystoreManagerImpl.writeEntry(KeystoreManagerImpl.java:149)

at com.sap.engine.services.keystore.impl.KeystoreManagerImplp4_Skel.dispatch(KeystoreManagerImplp4_Skel.java:236)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:137)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.keystore.exceptions.BaseParameterException: Cannot perform operation - character [' '] cannot be part of view or entry alias.

at com.sap.engine.services.keystore.impl.ParameterChecker.checkEntryName(ParameterChecker.java:244)

at com.sap.engine.services.keystore.impl.ParameterChecker.writeEntry(ParameterChecker.java:125)

at com.sap.engine.services.keystore.impl.KeystoreManagerImpl.writeEntry(KeystoreManagerImpl.java:145)

... 10 more

Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jay

Did you install the portal from scratch or was it build up using a system copy procedure ?

To create a new ticket in Key Storage service in Visual Administrator do the following:

Under ticketkeystore you have no data you say, did you perform the following ?

Click on create button

Fill in the SID of your SAP system in the entry field next to the label Common Name

Fill in SAPLogonTicketKeypair in the entry field next to label Entry Name

Change the Valid To date to a date in the future for example 17/06/2035 10:24

Mark the checkbox "store certificate"

Change the algorithm in the dropdown box from RSA to DSA

Next to finish up click on the Generate button on the right

You should now have a valid ticket again.

Kind regards

Tom

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

how did you install the portal? When you can logon with the Administrator account to VA, you should also be able to logon to the portal using the same user/password.

br,

Tobias