cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSR 168 and WSRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just reading the interoperability between websphere and netweaver (https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/interoperability of sap netweaver and ibm websphere.pdf)

and found the following passage :

"IBM and SAP offerings will support the emerging WSRP standard and will be JSR-168 compliant".

The JSR168 has been known for a long time, but I think it is the first time WSRP has been mentioned (although this is not surprising news).

I would really like an technical article on this topic or at least an expected date/version it will be released in netweaver. Something for Oliver ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_hagen
Explorer
0 Kudos

yes that was my question about

To come to an earlier solution we should kind of evaluate the current portlets you are targeting to bring in the SAP EP. Have you looked at PDK Kit?

Regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope I haven´t looked at it, do you have Info where I can learn about it? I´d Really apreciate that Info :O)

so with this PDK (I guess is a Development kit) we can Build the functionality that we need into the Portlet, so you think that reusability of the code of the JSR 168 Portlet can be high or normaly not that much?

Thanx Again!!

Jet

Message was edited by: Gerardo Jimenez

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

jens_hagen
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is something about PDK in the SAP EP section within SDN, on the right hand side under Downloads...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx alot for all this help Jens!!

I really Apreciate it!!

Kind Regards,

Jet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

We need the Portlets we need to integrate with JSR 168 comes from Documentum, do you know if there is a Business Package for EP6 to integrate with Documentum? I have Seen it on Portal 5.0, with this we can do a work around for the Portlets in JSR168 issue :O)

Thanx again for your help!!

Jet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just picked up this forum thread.

SAP is Supporting WSRP 1.0 as Consumers since SP06 of NW04s and as Producers since SP09 of NW04s. The production of content is off course subject to the compliancy of the specific application to the WSRP standard.

For newly developed applications please reffer to the following 'how to' link:

https://bis.wdf.sap.corp/twiki/bin/view/Sapinternal/NwStdsWSRP and

http://aiokeh.wdf.sap.corp:1080/SAPIKS2/contentShow.sap?TMP_IWB_TASK=PREVIEW2&_CLASS=IWB_EXTHLP&_LOI...

Best Regards,

Avi.

jens_hagen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Gerardo,

depends on two factors.

timeframe you wanna do it: JSR168 is not available within SAP NetWeaver now

functions: if you JSR168 capabilities are sufficient, it's rather easy to deploy them in SAP EP if possible...

What kind of JSR168 portlets do you have?

Regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

We want to do a POC for a Client using already built JSR 168 Portlets, but this Portlets are from a diferent provider, I have not seen them yet :O(, the time Frame was to do this POC within 2 or 3 weeks from now.

As I understand on your last Post, we need to wait that SAP POrtal supports the JSR168 standard to try to use this Portlets we want to integrate? is that why you where asking the time frame we have?

thanx alooott!!!!

jens_hagen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Gerardo,

on your latest post.

JSR168 is still not available but anyway I would not judge and compare them on a complex level. It's as you pointed out as well a matter of purpose

Regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens,

I really apreciate this Fast responses :O) !!

We have some JSR 168 Portlets, and we are evaluating on using them into SAP Portal, do you think that Adapting this Portlets to SAP is Worth it or we better develope everything from the Scratch into Portal?

Thanx in Advanced!

Jet

jens_hagen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Gerardo,

you are absolutely right on that!

Regards

Jens

jens_hagen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Craig,

we need to differentiate between WSRP and JSR168.

JSR168 is about portability and I do see more options and benefits of WSRP.

SAP will go this way and also offer WSRP compliant content. But currently we can not make a generic statement that with availability of WSRP within NW04s full usage model of WSRP will apply immediately.

Our WebDynpro UIs and a lot of other SAP EP specific services making an optimized user interface for business applications are not covered by the standard specs right now. So we need to move on with the standards as well.

I know this is a complicated topic, I hope I was able to help you.

Thx

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens,

If we have JSR 168 and WSRP are totaly diferent Standards Right? JSR 168 is used to reuse the Portlet Code and the WSRP is used to access Remote Portlets from our Portal, so they are totaly diferent Standards for diferent porpouses, am I Right? or I didn´t get it yet :O(?

If I still don´t get it, do you also have some links where I can study this?

Thanx alot for your HelP!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Again,

As I understand in your laste post, if the requirement is to use WSRP Portlets, this is not so Complex, but how about to Use JSR 168 Portlets in SAP Portal? is this COmplex? does it worth it to try make them work or it will be really hard?

Thanx Again!!

Jet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens,

Same questions as Craig :O)

In this Realease we can not offer to our clients the Support of JSR 168? Right? maybe it will be supported in Next Releases Right?

Thanx in Advanced!!

Jet

former_member610333
Participant
0 Kudos

So what you are saying is that SAP does not have any plans to make portal content ( iViews ect ) to be consumed by other portal platforms?

jens_hagen
Explorer
0 Kudos

WSRP will be supported by next SAP NetWeaver release which is due end of this year and will serve as base for mySAP ERP 2005.

JSR168 will be supported probably next year.

But please separate between the support of WSRP and JSR168 within our technology infrastructure (NetWeaver) and our applications. Consuming WSRP compliant content is always easy, so NW is enable to consumer content from other portals.

For producing content and making this content available thru WSRP and JSR168 is not so easy and does not apply generally to SAP EP.

Regards

Jens

former_member610333
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens,

So what you are saying is that producing of WSRP supported iViews (ect.) will NOT be supported with the release at the end of the year? I would assume support for producing 168 iViews will not be supported either?

former_member610333
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens,

So what you are saying is that producing of WSRP supported iViews (ect.) will NOT be supported with the release at the end of the year? I would assume support for producing 168 iViews will not be supported either?

former_member610333
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens,

former_member610333
Participant
0 Kudos

Jens,

Am I correct interpreting what you said to mean that SAP will NOT be delivering WSRP and/or JSR 168 for SAP content (iViews ect) to be consumed by OTHER portals?

former_member610333
Participant
0 Kudos

Jens,

So what you are saying is that SAP does not have any plans to make portal content ( iViews ect ) to be consumed by other portal platforms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dagfin,

additional stuff to this topic:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/sap ep 6.0 integration using jsr168 and wsrp.ppt

December 17, 2002 Created by SAP, Public Release

Best regards,

Patrick

http://www.unternehmensportale.biz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information (think I've seen it sometime long ago).

It would be very interesting to know the timeline of when this will be implemented

former_member610333
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any updated information on SAP's WSRP support?

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Move this post to the SAP NetWeaver - IBM Software Interoperability forum with a better chance for a good answer.

Let's see if that is true

Best, Mark.