cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define default value in POWL Quick Criteria Maintenance for all users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick criteria maintenance is available when using SAP delivered POWL, e.g. Check Status in SRM7, to specify your own search criteria.

Is there any way that we can define a default value in one the search criteria to all users? e.g. set timeframe to last 12 months.

Regards,

Donald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

Were you able to resolve this issue of defaulting values for the Quick Criteria Maintenance? We would like to do the same thing.

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the same issue while defaulting values in POWL Quick Criteria Maintenance . We were chaging the query parameters in POWL_QUERY, It didn't work and we also tried making changes in /SAPSRM/POWL_CUST but no luck.

Then we found out the issue was with the cached results of old queries so we deleted the user defined queries using POWL_D01 Report first and then we made changes for query parametres in txn POWL_QUERY and it worked.

Earlier It was looking for the cached results (Old Queries) and just not getting updated with the new query parameters.

You might need to give it a try.

Regards

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Thanks for your useful information. Problem solved after following your tips.

Regards,

Donald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello lavanya,

We have a similar problem in HR.

Can you please tell where exactly this Querry Configuration is attached to the iView.

I have defined a new Querry as we do not want to disturb the SAP standard query.

I am trying to assign this Query to my iView.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Raghu Kolukuluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Assign the new query and its feeder type to the application ID attached to the iview.

You have to workaround the config for Personal Object Worklist in SPRO.

Hope that helps..

Regards

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

did the trick for me as well 🙂

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,

The default values can be defined in feeder, But if is some standard feeder,

What you can do is check what query this is, RUN POWL_QUERY transaction. In query parameter define the parameter,

You will be able to see that.

Best regards,

Rohit

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Donald,

Yes, there is.

In the IMG you will find

Cross-Application Components

General Application Functions

Generic SAP Business Suite Functions

Personal Object Worklist

Define Default Queries

in here are the default queries. You can then set up default parameter value, find your query edit it, and then change the query parameters.

beware of changing SAP standard queries - you may be better creating your own and assigning these to your users - but then you'll probably need to do something elsewhere to change which category the POWL you are displaying is assigned to.

Let us know if that works for you.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. I had tried several times to maintain the parameter value for query SAPSRM_E_CHECKSTATUS_01, e.g. set default creation date. However, the default value does not apply to the quick criteria mainatenance.

Regards,

Donald

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Donald,

do you know which feeder class the POWL you want is using?

I could suggest that you enhance method IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_SEL_CRITERIA

here you can set the defaults for the query selections. (And not just for a particular query)

Would that be possible for you?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. The feeder class is /SAPSRM/CL_CLL_PWL_A_SC_PROF. However, method

IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_SEL_CRITERIA is only called while refreshing, i.e. with the selections which is already defined in criteria maintenance. Since I want to default the field value of criteria, enhance this method does not help.

I'm also looking into txn /SAPSRM/POWL_CUST but it is still not working as expected.

Regards,

Donald