cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to define Sequence in NW71 dataobjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Is it possible to define sequencing in Dataobjects in NW7.1 like NW7.0.

I know LDO->FDO (leading,following data object) and association,distribution rules takes care of it while sending the data to Client.

But what if we want to create two linked dataobject records from client and we want that LDO should be created first and then FDO should be created based on LDO generated records and vice versa.

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers,

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It is not possible to define sequence of data objects being processed in NW 7.1

This is lead from the fact that as much as possible, data is processed parallely in DOE and its a strength that no special handling is required while sending data via DOE like following a specific sequence.

Even if we manage to post data (for diff data objects) to DOE from client or BE or even while extracting to devices, since the processing happens in parallel queues, the end result cannot be predicted.

only exception is in the case of backward compatible applications, there is a feature called download request where the data will be sent to devices depending on the sequence mentioned in download request during sync.Its only for backward compatible apps and infact performance will be affected due to this overhead in processing.

Any specific business case that requires this behavior?

Best regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks!!

I have a business scenario and i have mentioned the same in another thread previously.

[Business Scenario|;

Can you please suggest if there is solution or workaround to acheive the same as mentioned in above scenario.

Thanks again!!

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks!!

I have a business scenario and i have mentioned the same in another thread previously.

[Business Scenario|;

Can you please suggest if there is solution or workaround to acheive the same as mentioned in above scenario.

Thanks again!!

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks!!

[Business Scenario|;

Thanks again!!

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks!!

[Business Scenario|;

Thanks again!!

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks!!

[Business Scenario|;

Thanks again!!

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Do you have any suggestions to achieve the business scenario as i have mentioned in my previous reply to this thread?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Devendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks!!

[Business Scenario|;

Thanks again!!

Regards

Devendra