cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a New ECC 6.04 System, Older Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have all the software, however I'm stuck on the solution manager to generate the key. When creating the new system the only options I have for SAP ERP are "ERP 2004" and "ERP 2005." I'm guessing that I need to "Create product," but I don't know what to put in for Product Key, etc. How can I obtain this?

Does the solution manager need to be upgraded to be able to build this new system on the current landscape? Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since this will be a new install, starting from scratch, and the discs I have from SAP are SAP ERP 6.04, I am under the impression that EHP4 will be included during the installation. My understanding is that I will not have to upgrade to EHP4 as it is already built into the installation.

With this said, I should not have to update the solution manager system. Is this correct?

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Jeff,

The answer is no. You need to upgrade.

Please read from the links already provided to you.

"SAP Solution Manager 7.0 plays a central role in the SAP enhancement package 4 installation process. You use the Maintenance Optimizer of SAP Solution Manager in order to calculate a system-dependant stack of software components to be installed in the target system. Therefore, of course, SAP Solution Manager must be up to date, must be set up correctly, and needs to have up-to-date information about the system landscape".

SAP Note 1165438

"You want to use enhancements delivered with SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 ("EhP4").

Enhancements are activated due to Business Functions.

In order to use those enhancements you need to update dedicated software components of your SAP System.

You know which Business Function to use and want to identify the needed Software Components which have to be upgraded in order to use the respective enhancements.

You have to identify and install the corresponding Technical Usage to enable the Business Function.

You need a Solution Manager 7.0 system with minimum SP stack level 19. SAP recommends to update your SAP Solution Manager system to the latest available Support Package stack level.

Your system landscape is maintained properly in your Solution Manager system."

So you MUST upgrade Solution Manager to 7.0 system with minimum SP stack level 19....you are on SP stack level 11.

While you are trying to achieve this without performing an update to your Solution Manager, you need to do so.

This question has been answered for you. I do hope it has been helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

You have to add one of the instance in your landscape in Solman using SMSY, after that u can generate key. in the initial screen put the existing SID , that you have already added in SMSY and click on generate key, here you maintain your SID,Instance No and Hostname and use that key for installation

You can add ECC 6 under ERP 2005.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your help. Just to make sure, my solution manager is currently on ST 400 Level 11, and the kernel is still 7.0. So I can still add the instance for my new 6.04 EHP4 system as ERP 2005 without having to update any packages on Solman?

Again thank you very much for your help!

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jeff,

The requirements are described in SAP Note 1165438. The minimum required Support Package level for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 is 15. In addition, the corrections listed in the collective SAP Note 1122966 should be implemented. If possible, you should go to at least Support Package level 17 for SAP Solution Manager.

Please visit http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp for more information.

You will also want to review this document - [How to Install SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4|http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000293582009E.PDF]

Regards,

Paul