cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Create new custom Z Transaction in ECC System from Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned in SAP help (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/35/62d96b453b11d5b38a0050dade3beb/content.htm) documentation, we have created a Z transaction that do not yet exist. We would like to push this into the destination ECC system so that the ABAP developers can implement the code. Does someone know whether it's possible and if so, how?

Below is what the help documentation states: "If the system exists, you can also assign transactions and programs that do not yet exist. This can be useful if you want to enter all information about a project step now, but develop these transactions or programs later. Once you have made your assignments, confirm the dialog box prompt.".

But it does not say what to do with this 'shell' program and how the ABAP team can use it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am afraid that you might have misunderstood the functionnality.

The only thing that Solman does is just checking your entry in the transaction tab (TR: SOLAR01 or SOLAR02 I guess) through a RFC call. It simplies does the same than going to SE93 of your satellite system and check entry. If the entry doesn t exist in table TSTC (SAP transaction table) it will give you a prompt saying that transaction does nt exist and will ask u if your entry is correct !

If thats the case (your transaction will exist in the futur) then, you re supposed to confirm !

You ll have to create a transaction in satellite system (ECC i think for your case) and assign it to a program.

Regards,

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Khalil,

Thanks for the reply. I don't think this is a case of misunderstanding of SOLMAN's functionality. My team was attempting to create a true 'top-down' business process model, starting from ARIS (which let create a transaction object and push it into SOLMAN) and all the way thru to the satellite system. But they got stuck at the SOLMAN and was trying to figure out why SAP wouldn't let them push this empty transaction all the way thru.

Based on your reply, it seems like such a functionality does not exist in SOLMAN (at least in the current releases).

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

with my experience on ARIS Solman, i would like to suggest that u assaign ur Trxs in Solman and them transfer them to ARIS, all the structure could be defined in ARIS, which provide the advantage of modelization of ur BPs.

By the way, in doing so, u should also define the storage source of all ur project's docments, as far as i can tell, its better to stock them in Solman knowledge warehouse (SI80) rather than in Aris. Cuz the synchronisation will only take the URLs of the doc stored in Solman to ARIS and then u can asscess them from these URL.

Answers (0)