cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking of Ports while loading repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are getting error while loading the repository and the message reads like "can not load MDM repository << repository name >> because port 2023 (for example) is used by another loaded MDM repository".

Why such error comes, when no other repositories are loaded..Is some one have solution / clues to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Keeping a difference of atleast 4 between port numbers would solve the problem.

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

SAP recommands the there should be differnce of 4 while giveing the port number to each repository, because SAP MDM uses three ports to each repository internally .

Ex : Suppose you used 2002 for repository then 2003,2004 and 2005 will be used internally. So next repository should be more than 2007..

I shall get back to you on , why SAP uses three ports internally..

Regards,

-Nitin Deshapnde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Rajesh is right. Keep a gap of 5 port numbers to be on safe side.

If you receive any of the following errors when attempting to load an MDM repository, the repository port may be in use by another program:

· Error accessing MDM Client Server Socket

· Error accessing MDM Image Server Socket

· Error accessing MDM Web Server Socket

Use “netstat -a” to determine if the port is in use. It is possible that the MDM Server has left the port open for some reason; to verify this, shut down the MDM Server and check again. If it is still in use, another program is using the port and you must choose a different port range on which to load the repository. Make sure the port number you choose is not in use, as well as port number1 and port number2.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh

I usually experience that problem if I assign close port numbers, such as consecutive. I've found out that MDM might need to have at least 10 "reserved" ports, so I have Repository1 on port 2000, I should have Repository2 loaded on 2010, but not on 2001....

I hope that helps

Regards

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Alejandro.

I have kept a space of 5 (MDM needs tree additional ports for internal processing). So the Port interval is of 5. So it is 2000, 2005, 2010 and so on..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

It may not be just MDM, but other applications might be running on the same port. Please use "netstat -a" at your command prompt and check whether this port is already in use or not.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani Kumar