SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure two payer for one case id?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Hi,

How to configure two payer for one case id ( one is SP and second is Insurance Com.), How to configure who is main payer.

Regards

Ankit

Edited by: ankits on Jun 7, 2010 1:25 PM

5 REPLIES 5

former_member198308
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit

The main payer is the one who has the ranking with the lower value. Tha field is NCIR-RANGF.

The standar asigns the ranking 98 to the self payer and 1 to the first insurance provider.

It means that, during insurance verification, the system will check the coverage of the services in the low ranked insurance provider.

I hope this answer your question.

With best regards

Matías

0 Kudos

Hi Ankit

assuming you're using a system with Payment Distribution billing, main insurance relationship is the one with flag NCIR-TWKTR switched on.

In case that flag isn't set for any insurance relationship in the case, system considers then as main payer the one with lowest ranking order, just as Matias explained.

In case you're using a country version with Insurance Verification billing, though, I'm not really sure this concept goes the same way. I hope I've been of help anyway.

Kind regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Still one question how can we use / configure the patient distribution. How can we assign who is going to pay the how much of the amount.

Regards

Ankit

ram9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Relationships, you can add one more payer and propensity after the treatment is done for the final Bill then you can settle the % of the co-payer payment Relationship for the Cash Ledger account