cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force dropping database maxdb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Iu2019ve tried to drop the database the normal way. The system asks me to enter database administration login. Iu2019ve tried both: superdba/admin or control/control. I got feed back u201Cuser authorization failedu201D.After that, there was a little pop-up ask me u201Cdo you want to drop database without database authorizationu201D . I chose u201Cyesu201D option. But nothing happened.

So I got stuck. Anybody knows how to force drop maxdb database ? I really need to drop maxdb1 on my pc. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 4, 2010 8:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jen Yakimoto,

Please post additional information:

->What version of the database do you have?

->What is the OS of the database server?

-> Did you create the database instance using DBMGUI?

->Please post the output of the following commands:

sdbregview u2013l

xinstinfo

dbmcli db_enum u2013s

dbmcli inst_enum

Best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia Khlopina,

- Database: MaxDB 7.7.06.16

To be honest I donu2019t know how the database maxdb got installed on my pc. My best guess is that it was a result of u201Cleft overu201D of an unsuccessful installation of NetWeaver. Actually, I tried to uninstall MaxDB instance through Software Life-Cycle Options (SAPinst). The problem is superdba/admin control/control accounts were not working (SAPinst prompted me for these).

Now Iu2019m using MaxDB Installation Manager - option remove maxdb components to do the job. And I got the feedback as described in my opening question. Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,

Jen

PS: Am I on the right track (using MaxDB Installation Manager) ? Or I have to execute the commands to drop maxdb instance ? Please let me know.

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 5, 2010 6:38 AM

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 5, 2010 7:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia Khlopina,

I used Windows system restore option to put my pc back to the point prior to maxdb1 got installed. Maxdb1 is no longer existing. But the NSP database is still there. The same problem, superdba,control accounts are not working. I can not either uninstall it or proceed with NetWeaver installation . Since both ways require me to enter the passwords for these accounts. Any advice ?

Have a nice day.

Jen.

• I tried to force drop NSP instance through MaxDb Installation Manager, here is error log. Please take a look.

MSG: NSP: force db drop!

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmstop.exe" NSP: The MaxDB Database Stopper, Version 7.7.06.07

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmstop.exe" NSP: Copyright 2000-2008 by SAP AG

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmstop.exe" NSP:

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmstop.exe" NSP: Error: Can not read user name

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmstop.exe" NSP: Parameter CONTROLUSERID not found

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmstop.exe" NSP:

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmdrop.exe" NSP: The MaxDB Database Dropper, Version 7.7.06.07

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmdrop.exe" NSP: Copyright 2000-2008 by SAP AG

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmdrop.exe" NSP:

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmdrop.exe" NSP: Error: Can not read user name

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmdrop.exe" NSP: Parameter CONTROLUSERID not found

SYS: "C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm\dbmdrop.exe" NSP:

Found Existing Database "NSP": Cannot remove component Database Kernel in C:\sapdb\NSP\db

MSG: don't need to write package registry

MSG: install registry successfully unlocked

Natalia Khlopina, It sounds like the parameter CONTROLUSERID goes missing. Is there any way to fix this issue ?

Thanks.

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 7, 2010 7:56 PM

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 7, 2010 8:53 PM

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yen,

-> Please post the output of the following commands:

sdbregview u2013l

xinstinfo

dbmcli db_enum u2013s

dbmcli inst_enum

-> Please let me know if you have the database software in the directory C:\sapdb at all.

Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

- I donu2019t have any database software under the directory c:\sapdb u2026

- I didnu2019t execute any command to drop the database. Iu2019ve used MaxDB Installation Manager ( Menu Driven System), itu2019s a kind of user friendly graphical layer. Just navigate and click. Every time I forced dropping NSP instance, I got a message as described in my opening question. An error log which I posted above.

- Iu2019m focusing on parameter Controluserid, Can you pass me more info about this ? Thanks.

Jen.

Note: My american name is Jen. Yen is Japanese currency ! All the same person, Itu2019s me. And Iu2019m using a german software ! Truly International.

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 8, 2010 2:47 AM

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 8, 2010 3:00 AM

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 8, 2010 3:05 AM

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Jen Yakimoto,

1. As I understood you restored the server using the OS backup.

You have NOT the database software on the server any more, but there

is database register info still on the server.

Please use the SDBUNINST tool to uninstall the database software in future.

See the document at MAXDB library:

http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/44/d8fc93daba5705e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

2. Are you SAP customer?

If you are SAP customer, please use SAP Note No. 572836 to delete the database register

Info left on the server.

3. "Iu2019m focusing on parameter Controluserid". I think that this direction will not help to solve the issue.

You restored the server at OS level before the MAXDB installation, I assumed the database configuration files are not available any more. By default instalation the config directory will be C:/sapdb/data/config.

The parameter Controluserid is the database parameter, the value of this parameter could not be found,

as the param binary file was deleted.

Review "Database Parameters" at

http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/44/d867471c8a4429e10000000a155369/content.htm

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Edited by: Natalia Khlopina on Jun 7, 2010 6:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Natalia,

I scanned my computer for the tool sdbuninst, I only found sdbinst (oppposite of that) and sdbsetup Maxdb Installation Manager (). I assume that () run on top of sdbinst, sdbuninst, hence there wouldnu2019t be much different if you run at command level or GUI level.

Or I got it all wrong ? Run sdbuninst would give a different result than run (*) to remove the maxdb ? Thanks for your time.

Have a nice day.

Ms. Jen

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jun 8, 2010 5:26 PM

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ms. Jen Yakimoto,

-> Please let me know if you have the database software on the srver or not.

Search for file named dbmcli, for example.

-> Are you SAP customer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Natalia,

I'm not a SAP customer yet. I want to thanks for everything you've done for me. Even if there is no answer for my issue, at least not yet.

Jen

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ms. Jen Yakimoto,

-> There is answer on your question

-> Please let me know if you have the database software on the srver or not.

Search for file named dbmcli, for example.

Do you know where the independant database software was installed before you run OS restore?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Natalia,

Don't worry be happy. Stop here. Best wish to you.

Jen