cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consiladting seperate NW abap and java systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

I have a strange situation and need your advices.

We have a nw7.0 development server which consists of ABAP stack with different sid and db(Oracle) and JAVA stack with different sid and db(Oracle) the version or oracle is same but they have their own databases, now the functional team is asking if we can consolidate the 2 seperate instances into one single instance of ABAP+JAVA stack system.

I am planning to install JAVA addin to the abap system and perform JAVA system migration, using the option

"Standard System Copy/Migration" in the sapinst tool.

Will this suffice my requirement or messup the existing abap environment due to any dependencies?

Thanks in advance for you valuable suggestions

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>now the functional team is asking if we can consolidate the 2 seperate instances into one single instance of ABAP+JAVA stack system.

You have to tell to your functional team that the dual stack architecture is no more supported by SAP.

You have the chance to have now the right architecture, don't mess up with it.

A lot of unfortunate people have dual stack systems and have projects now to separate the abap and java stacks in 2 separate SID systems...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to tell to your functional team that the dual stack architecture is no more supported by SAP.

Is it...? It is not the recommended setup anymore, but it is still supported.. For PI systems it is still mandatory..

What you can do, is running your java database on top of the ABAP database in an MCOD setup. This way you have two separate stacks which are sharing one database.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I mean is that dual stack is no more supported for new installations.

PI is such a mess than even SAP did not dare to separate it...

IMHO, MCOD is a bad solution because you recreate the dependencies between the abap and java stacks.

But anyone is free to have a different opinion and the best solution is different in every company.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is quality and production are single instance systems with dual stack its only the dev box which is separated, for that reason they are asking to consolidate the dev box to single instance.

Regards