cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager Partitioning/Pivot Question

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

My source data has two fields (Part Number, Page Number). There are multiple rows for each part number with a single value for page number. I need to combine the page number values for all instances of each part number and import into MDM as a comma delimited value.

For example:

Part Number | Page Number

A1 | 1

A1 | 2

I want to store in destination field "Page Numbers" as "1, 2" for single record where part number is "A1".

I do not understand how to accomplish this with Import Manager.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try this

1.create one field in your table that has same value for all records

2.select that new field and and pagenumber and right click and select create pivot table

3.select partnumber field as key field and pagenumber as fieldvalues become field values and pressok

4. select the newly created pivot table from source hierarchy and make it as current table

5. now select the partnumber from source and map it to corresponding field.

6. You will see a new field with name (what ever you enter the value in newly create filed for better understanding put values as pagenumber for all records)

7.select newly created field from sorce pane and map it to destination page number field.

8.Make partnumber is kry to import

9.press import u will get the records in the same form u want.

If you need some calrification or yr requirement is something different then get back to me.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudhanshu - this solution did work. I guess it's not possible to do this without manually creating the third field to pivot on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried in one more case also but there was limitaion .In that case you will end up with more no. of delimiters or nulls

You can try with same procedure but just define a clone field for partnumber and create pivot table with the same constraints

just swaaping with newly introduced field.

After this just partiton all the new fields and then combine .

the newly partition field treat as page number and map to destination field and also map source part number with destination field.

This is also an option with limitation of trailng or preceeding null .I think we can ignore that also for that we have to do some setting of ignoring nulls.

Please try this alos but if you are able to add new field than that is the best one.

please revert back with your results.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Answers (0)