cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception by SAP-RFC not handled in SAP-PI ( Sync Interface SAP-RFC /SOAP)

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a interface between SAP (4.6c) and SAP-PI where SAP-PI will call an RFC in SAP (4.6c).

In case of Exceptions returned by the RFC, SAP-PI will map the exception to a FAULT message.

In random cases, the Exception information is not available in SAP-PI system i.e. only Message ID, Message Number is available but Message Variables (V1,V2,V3,V4) are not available. (When an Exception is raised by RFC and caught by SAP-PI)

Can you please suggest as to what is missing at PI end ?

SAP RFC is working fine, it send the Exception with Proper Message in Message variables.

Please let me know if other information is required.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Open receiver communication channel and click on message log whether Function module is returning the values for Message Variables (V1,V2,V3,V4) or not. I am suspecting the RFC Function module is not returning the values back to PI so that these values are not getting populating.

Note1:- Try giving hard coded values to these variable in mapping and check in sxmb_moni, whether these hard coded values will get populate or not.

note2:- put the break points in RFC code and execute the interface end to end, so that you can debug the Receiver system RFC. While debugging the RFC Code you can easily find whether data for these variable will return by rfc or not.

thanks,

madhu

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

Thanks for the input. I don't see any issue with the RFC.

The RFC is raising exception with simple statement...

Message EXXX(MessageId) Raising EXCEPTION

The Code works fine in Development System but in the Quality System the Fault Message Contains only "Exception" and no Message Variables.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Jolly

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your response message of RFC Contains only "Exception" , your fault message also will contains the same.

I am suspecting RFC is returning only Exception. To make sure this. You connect your PI Development with Quality RFC and execute. also try by connecting Quality PI with Development RFC.

thanks,

madhu

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

Thanks for the inputs. What we found out during testing is , if we create a new Exception in the RFC and try testing, the message variables are returned properly by SAP-R/3 to SAP-PI .

If we reimport the RFC in SAP-PI and then try to test the interface we don't get the message variables.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Jolly

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clicked "answered" by mistake