cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD component HRASR00_PROCESS_EXECUTE - HCMPF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement wherein i need to create a custom HCMPF form for employees.Also, this form should be available only to some section of employees based on some condition, ..lets say..emp subarea.

So I need to check if an employee of certain subarea is trying to open the form , if so,

an error message should be dispalyed in the HCMPF application, and the form should not be displayed to him

Has anyone come across such scenario ? Do i need to enhance the WD component HRASR00_PROCESS_EXECUTE to achieve this functionality ?

Can someone pls guide me on the approach for this, as I am new to HCMPF scenarios.

Thanks in Advance,

Aditi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

within the HCM forms config you can set up which forms should be avaliable for groups of user - you can define object groups for processes

You can use feature PASRG to determine these object groups (not that this is obvious in the IMG)

if the structure of the feature is not enough, then you can use badi HRASR00OBJECT_GROUP to determine the grouping - the standard implementation calls the feature.

no need for any enhancements to the WD.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. This does make sense .

My eligibility criteria of the form is based on Employee Payscale Area (IT0008-TRFGB), so certain employees having a Payscale Area of X and Y are eligible to view the form. Now my questions to you :

1. If a use restriction based on Object Group , where can i define my logic of restricting employees based on Payscale Area?

2. The other option would be to use BADI HRASR00PROCESS_START_RESTRICT to restrict the employees. Here again, am a little confused. Would you be having a sample of how to implement our logic in this BADI Implementation ?

Many Thanks,

Aditi

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would then implement an alternative to the standard HRASR00OBJECT_GROUP BAdI implementation.

Deactivate the standard implementation and add your own.

the Object Key in the method GET_OBJECT_GROUP refers to the personnel number.

Use the standard implementation as a guide ( that said, the function module that the class CL_HRASR00_EMPLOYEE_GROUP calls HR_ASR_GET_EMPLOYEE_GROUP is not how I'd do the coding for the same functionality - no use of decoupled IT framework, use of old include for reading feature etc, but it gives you the idea!) - but also read the IT0008 record for the employee and then make decision on that. You could even create your own feature - but that is probably not neccessary.

Hope this helps,

Chris