cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you utlizing SAP's Quality Center with Integration to Solution Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am interested in hearing from folks who are utilizing SAP's Quality Center with or without Integration to Solution Manager. Please post your experience on setting this up and realizing the benefits, i.e. efforts involved, what features of HPQC you are using, is it a good tool to use for integrated SAP testing etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Abu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it is upto your requirement i mean the project requirement

Solution manager is self capable of organizing Test Management (unit and integration Testing )and you can exceute manual and automatic both type of test cases

Moreover you can build the Workflow in Test Management now which trigger e-mal to tester .

in addition you need you can store the result and do the reporting

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

If you decide to go for SAP quality center integration even in that case also you need solman project structure etc

I prefer to you use solman itself but again it is based upon requirement.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for your response.

-

Our consultants are advising us not to go through the trouble of setting up the HPQC/Sol Man integration. Their reasoning is that their other clients had a hard time to set it up and fully realize its value. Any comment on this?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I luv solman so if u ask me i can do all with solman itself and say not to go with Quality center

but again it is upto project requirement

it is very easy to build the automated scripts in QTP etc used with Quality center but again bit more complicated in ECATT

its upto the ur decision but if u r gng with manual test case management forgot quality center and go with Solman

So far i have done 5 Test Management implementation including both type of test casees automatic and manual and all are managed with solman

moreover if u get service desk configured in place then its integrated with solman test management whic helps u a lot.....

one step ahead go for Change management.

Hope it ans ur query

Regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Jun 9, 2010 12:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helpful answer, thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone else have an experience to share? We too are working to implement Quality Center first then connect Solution Manager to HPQC later.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am currently implementing HP ALM 11 with Solution Manager SP07.  Please refer to the blog http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/09/17/end-to-end-testing-w...   on the end to end process. You may also post your doubts on this topic. I suggest you to open a separate thred here.

Regards,

Vivek