cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two files to One Idoc creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my interface scenario, i have two different file , i need to do multimapping as 2:1 and generate a single idoc out of it. Is this possible without CCBPM??

Kindly suggest if there is any way to skip BPM here.

Thanks a ton for all your replies.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

You can still do this requirement with out BPM as given below,

1st Approach) If both files are in different locations(say location A and B) then create one sender file communication channel to pick the file from Directory and develop one adapter module for this to pick the second file which in B and merge them to form IDoc structure

2nd approach). In mapping you can write one UDF or you can use java mapping in which you can connect to directory B to pick the file from directory B. then you merge these two files from A and B to form idoc structure.

Note: If both files are in single folder and files names are similar pattern, then it is not possible to use this two approaches.

But it is strongly adivisable to use BPM as this is simple and doesnt affect performance also.

BPM approach)

create 2 data types

2 message types

2 message outbound interfaces and 2 abstract interfaces

IN BPM fork step, receive two files in 2 fork steps, after this fork step you put Transformation(many to one mapping) where you will merge two files to idoc structure. then send final idoc in send step

thanks,

madhu

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

based on my years of experience you cannot received multiples sources messages and map together without ussing ccBPM coz you cannot persist one message until the other comes to map them later

Hope it helps

Thanks

RP

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Jun 4, 2010 12:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

For N:1 mapping you have to use BPM. At the other hand if it was 1:N mapping then it was possible without BPM.