cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP SSL in PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a scenario in which I have to integrate a SAP system and a WebService.

SAP -> PI 7.11 -> WS

Now the WS uses SSL. I requested the certificates and they send me 3 .CER files and 1 .CRT file. I have done this before for HTTP integration. There I imported the certificate in ABAP (STRUST) and it worked fine. But now in JAVA I got confused and got stuck.

After I received the certificates from the partner and I imported them in NWA keystore - TrustedCAs.

But in SOAP communication Channel under the keystore entry and keystore view I cant see them.

Question:

1. How am I going to configure them so I can select them in the communication channel.

2. Do I need to change anything in ICM (ABAP SMICM transaction)? If yes, what.

3. Do I have to change anything in the exchangeProfile? If yes, what.

4. Anything I have missed.

I think this is also a good blog topic (for PI 7.11)

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Please check and make sure -

If it's a CA certificate, then import the certificate in CA view. If it is a Client certificate, then create a view ICM_SSL_xxx (or re-use a view with the name ICM_SSL_xxx, it doesn't matter).

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a Client Certificate scenario. (I am sending data to a WS which uses SSL). After creating ICM_SSL_xxx. How do I proceed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a Client Certificate scenario. (I am sending data to a WS which uses SSL). After creating ICM_SSL_xxx. How do I proceed?

I believe the client certificate must have been signed by Verisign (or some one similar). Ask the receiving system to provide their public key, which you will use while installing the certificates in PI.

As I had indicated earlier, the certificate will be installed in the view ICM_SSL_xxx. Use this in your receiver channel.

Please refer SAP Help for further details.

Regards,

Neetesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos