Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about SU01 within CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a question about adding roles to users Master Record by using SU01 within CUA. We have several clients connected to CUA. Sometimes, I have demands for copying the whole set of the roles of a given user, from one client (System) to all other clients. The only way that I know is to copy all the roles of that client in an Excel file and then copy and paste them manually for each client. Well, each time I can copy/paste by block of 26 lines but however it takes lots of time. Therefore I would like to ask is there any way to update systems in CUA in mass, that is, adding the same set of roles simultaneously for several clients so that the user may have the same roles on several clients?

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Dariyoosh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As standard there is no way of doing this. There are a few techniques you can use (e.g. cross system composite roles, template users) that can aid this process.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As standard there is no way of doing this. There are a few techniques you can use (e.g. cross system composite roles, template users) that can aid this process.

0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> As standard there is no way of doing this. There are a few techniques you can use (e.g. cross system composite roles, template users) that can aid this process.

Hello there,

Thank you very much for your attention to my problem.

Kind Regards,

Dariyoosh

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You cannot solve this task using SU01 or SU10 except for using Copy&Paste.

However, have a look to the document [SAP Identity Management APIs|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/668e6629-0701-0010-7ca0-994cb7dec5a3] and the section concerning the CUA. Using the functions BAPI_USER_LOCACTGROUPS_READ and BAPI_USER_LOCACTGROUPS_ASSIGN you can easily develop your own program solving your requirement.

Kind regards

Frank