cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety day's supply not working in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have to create a simple example of safety day's usage in our test system (SCM 7.0) using a toy location and product and heuristic SAP_PP_002 in the product view in PPDS.

I have set:

- mode/versionl: take safety day's into account

- safety day's = 10 days

- ss method = SZ

However, the heuristic is ignoring the safety day's and MRP is just proposing to cover the original forecast dates, not dates shifted by 10 days.

I tried in a different system and it worked fine, I just cannot figure out what settings I am missing.

Anyone can help?

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the setting of your test system under Planning Version Management -> Model and Version Management (TCode: /SAPAPO/MVM) .

There under PP/DS submenu, you must have a tick option selected for Take Safety Stock into Account = 3

But this option in as per standard APO is applicable for Static Safety Stock methods only (SB and SM) and not for SZ

As you want to work with time-dependent safety stock methods (SZ), you need to go for enhancement by implementing a BAdI /SAPAPO/RRP_SFTY_STK (method UPDATE_IO_NODES).

also you have to select the option 'Create and Adjust Safety Stock Requirements' in the heuristic settings.

Refer notes :

Note 557676 - Dynamic safety stock in PP/DS planning

Note 855592 - Dynamic safety stock in the PP/DS planning

this will resolve your problem ..please confirm ..

Regards,

Digambar

Edited by: Digambar Narkhede on Jun 23, 2010 10:14 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In order to consider safety stock requirements, you should run Heuristic SAP_PP_18 ( create safety stock in SAP Livecache).

After taking this heuristic, you should take planning run.

Regards,

Pankaj