cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm having some weird problems with acknowledgements in XI.

I have an interface which runs with the aid of BPM. In this BPM, an acknowledgement is expected, and when it is not received, there is a timeout set in place. So far so good.

Now when we run this interface, which has run without problems for months, there is a timeout on the BP every single time. All data is correctly processed, but the BP times out on the acknowledgement step.

But here's the weird thing: when I go into sxmb_moni_bpe and see the process waiting for longer than usual, i smell something fishy, and go to the process view. It seems everything is done and now the process waiting for the acknowledgement. so I go into the sxmb_moni, and take a look at the message that's supposed to get the ack back. The status here is still "awaiting acknowledgement".

But what's weird is that the moment I display the message, through sxmb_moni or the detail of the message, the acknowledgement is instantly completed.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this, because it's not nice to have the sxmb_moni open all day and keep refreshing it, just to keep your processes running...

We are using XI 3.0 on SP16.

Thanks and regards,

Yordy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This SAP Note will give some hints-837285.

What is your Receiver System ? If file system then look into this also-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I saw the note and the blog you provided this morning, but the receiving system is R/3 through the IDOC adapter, so there seems to be no correlation between this problem and the blog.

It's really strange, because the acknowledgement seems to be in XI already, it's just that it's only recognised as such when you display the message...

Thanks and regards,

Yordy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is Idoc is sending back the response ? i.e ALEAUDT ? Is this acknowledgement required in your scenario? If not , it may be because of Idoc is giving you the Ack. If so make an entry in the IDXNOALE table in the XI system so that you will not get acknowledgement.

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

It is not an ALEAUD that comes back, just a transport acknowledgement. No application acknowledgement is required in this scenario.

I will take a look at that table you described, thank you!

Thanks and regards,

Yordy

Answers (0)