cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product version inconsistent with software components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after upgrading our sandbox from 4.6C to ERP 6.0 EHP4 SP06 i've changed the product assignment in SMSY and fetched the new data using "Read System Data Remote". Now there are two problems:

1.) Read System Data Remote shows error message S:032:000 trying to fetch data using RFC. No more explanations or long text. Although data is been read and updated and RFC test connection is ok.

2.) The related system shows exclamation mark "Product version inconsistent with software components". The product version is SAP ERP 6.0, Product Instance is SAP ECC Server. Now i tried "Change Product Assignment" and "Clean-Up Inconsistencies". This results in a list of "Inconsistent Database Assignments" like "Product: SAP ERP" and "Product Instance: SAP SRM-Server". Nothing i can change here. I'm confused as i haven't defined SAP SRM-Server anywhere just SAP ECC-Server.

Any ideas about 1.) or 2.)

It seems to me that Solution Manager doesn't make life easier in the first.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Wolfgang

I think you will find the the document [How to Install SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000293582009E] will have the information you need to properly define your system in SMSY and then read system data remote without errors.

This document is the guide you need.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

adding EHP4 as a second product version sounds reasonable but wasn't sure about that. Since there's also NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 below ERP 6.0 do i need to define it as a third product ?

I'm going to read the mentioned note and documentation as soon as possible. Unfortunately we just started with Solution Manager as this was a prereq for the upgrade to ERP 6.0 EHP4.

Thanks so far.

I'm going to check and be back soon.

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

although the document "How to Install SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0" is very useful it doesn't contain new informations to me. We started defining our system as 4.6C in order to get all the upgrade packages. Work fine without problems. After the upgrade it tried to change the product version to ERP but didn't know that i have to define EHP4 as a second product. After doing so at least the inconsistency messages vanished while the error message from read system data remote still shows up. Unfortunately there is no more information than the error message S:032:000 and the RFC connection name. Maybe i need to dig up the ABAP code to find out when this error message is written but this isn't very comfortable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems to be that adding EHP4 as another product is just one part of the solution.

After doing so i tried to start a new maintenance using MOPZ and got error message "CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL" at step 2.2 ; no technical system is shown as target. There is no further explanation of this error message.

I wish SAP would implement more details for error messages so that one get any hint where to search for a solution.

Any idea what this errore message means and how to fix?

Currently we can not start any new maintenance for this system.

Regards ,

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

Have you checked ST22 to see it there is an associated dump.

Often you will see "CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL" as the error in a dump, however the dump can usually help out more to determine what might be the cause. Check if you have a dump. If you do, check it for more details. Or post the first couple pages here, and maybe some suggestion can be made?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

unfortunately there is no dump (ST22) nor any syslog (SM21) message or anything in the trace files.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

If you happen to be on SP22 you may want to look at SAP Note 1415315 - Maintenance Optimizer: Collective corrections for SP22. This might address the error if the ST 400 SP22 is your release level. If not, then perhaps SAP Note 1122966 may be useful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

we are at SP23; did the upgrade to EHP1 SP23 just a few weeks ago.

Checked the mentioned notes but nothing that apply.

When i remove EHP4 for ERP 6.0 and NW 7.01 from the list of product versions then there is no problem with MOPZ but the message about inconsistencies in the product list. With EHP4 for ERP 6.0 and/or NW 7.01 the message about inconsistencies vanished but still appeared when using the button to resolve inconsistencies.

I believe i need to open a call at SAP about this problem.

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

...removed... (double entry)

Edited by: Wolfgang Pungartnik on Jun 7, 2010 3:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed solution manager 7.0 EHP 1 with SP23 then i have upgraded my ERP 6.0 ehp-4 ABAP to SP stack6.

but when i am looking at product assignment in smsy its giving warning as new versions available , i have updated my SLD components , then i have removed the Same from SAP ERP and added to EHP enhancement package warning is no more.

But i have doubt which i have to keep as main instance and other as additional instance

Please advise

Regards

Mazher

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For an EHP4 system, you have to define in SMSY a system with leading product version ERP 6, and EHP4 for ERP 6 as a second product version.

You should also make sure that the technical usages that you installed are reflected in the product instances chosen in SMSY. For more details about this please see the technical usage and product instance mapping in the attachments of note 1165438.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Miguel,

i have checked note 1165438 but can't see how this should help. The technical usage is correct and there is only one specified which is ECC / Central Applications. Still SMSY complains about SAP SRM-Server and more.

Let me say that the system was defined as 4.6C before the upgrade and that we used Solution Manager to download all required packages for ERP 6.0 EHP4 SP06 which worked fine. The problem is as said before that after changing the product version to ERP 6.0 there are inconsistencies shown on the product assignment page (inconsistent database assignment) for SAP SRM-Server, SRM-Catalog, cProject Suite, Workforce Management, E-Recruiting, NW-Business Intelligence, NW-Process Integration, SEM, SRM-Server ECC AddOn, SRM Catalog Content, NW Mobile Infrastructure, FSCM-FSCM Server (ABAP), Application Platform-IPC and Learning Sol-Frontend ABAP. Never heard about them nor specified them anywhere.