Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO based delivery movement type determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a question.

For deliveries created from sales order, the delivery item movement type is derived from the schedule line category definition. But for stock transfer order based delivery, there's no sales order created , then there's no schedule line category there.

How does SAP determine the movement type in this case?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. For replenishment delivery, the movement type is still determined from schedule line category.

2. For every delivery item category, there is a corresponding sales item category with the same name.

3. Tcode VOV5, you can find the corresponding schedule line categtory at the same.

4. Tcode VOV6, you can then find the movement type in schedule line category. BTW: the filed "Movement Type 1-Step" is for one-step STO. Movement type in field "Movement Type" is for two-step STO.

5. In addition: for replenishment delivery, even though there is no sales order, the copy control is still defined from SO to delivery. The sales order type is the default order type in delivery type cusotmizing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This explains pretty well. Thanks. Ray

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I am not aware the delivery item category should be in line with the sales order item category. This is resovled.

Thanks, again.

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The movement type determination takes place from the schedule line table. If you check the determination for item categories NLN and NLC, it leads to a schedule line (which is not visible in STO) but the movement type is determined from the corresponding schedule line.

Thanks

Swagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard delivery creation for STO is from refrence. use STO type purcahse order for this (ME21N - stock transport order)

mvmnt type can be determined that way