DB13 error: 0003 Error during initialization
Since last 2 days, Production backup is getting failed with error "0003 Error during initialization".
Strangely, there are no related logs to investigate further... Nothing was changed in backup related configurations.
We are using Tivoli (TSM) backup solution..
System Details: HP-UX 11.31i, Oracle10g (10.2.0.4), ECC 6.0
In DB13 Action logs, it is showing following details only...
Action: Whole database offline backup
Brbackup logfile : bedjjsnb.log ##### Actually it should show filename something like "bedjjsnb.aff"
Return Code : 0003 Error during initialization
When I click on "Show Actiion/Detail log", it shows nothing... (Log file does not exists..)
There is no file with above filename in /oracle/<SID>/sapbackup and in back<SID>.log
I have checked below things :
1. BRTOOL permissions (As per note 113747 - Permissions for DBA tools BRTools and SAPDBA)
2. /oracle/<SID>/sapbackup permissions (it is 755 with ora<sid>:dba ownership)
3. I have checked /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log, but there is no error.
4. Test for communication between SAP server and Tivoli is OK.
5. TSM Session query is also returning desired result.
6. I made sure that there are free and scratched tape in TSM for SAP backup pool.
7. No other backup was running at the time of SAP backup.
I have tried taking backup on DISK which is successful without any errors or warnings.
What else I can check ? Am I missing something ?
Any inputs will be highly appreciated...
I will try to fire backup manually later in the evening after business hours to see what exactly going wrong in between.
Eric Brunelle replied
there is a problem with TSM server... or your TSM client.
check *.utl files used in you ORACLE_HOME dbs directory. you can test connectivity by using program BACKFM.
you should ask your TSM admin to check that out. I do not believe that the problem is on Basis' side. Your TSM admin has much more logs on his side.