cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ODBC Connection to select in Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm using BO EDGE 3.1 SP1 with SAP Integration Kit SP1.

In Universe Connection, it don't have any ODBC connection to database like MS Access,MS SQL Server.

I don't know why it disappear and when i open efashion.unv, i got the error CS:Unable to bind Network Layer.

But i can create ODBC in Microsoft Window and can use it to retrieve datas by testing in Microsoft Excel.

I tried to repair BO EDGE 3.1 SP1. It's only have repair and remove, i choose repair and nothing to do. But it didn't work.

My question is

Why it disappear from Universe Connection? and How can i install ODBC connection again?

Thank in advance

Ditthanan Phoncharoensri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ditthanan,

What do you see when you are in Universe Designer, after having imported the Universe you want to work with, and you click "Tools>Connections" Did you set up specific ODBC connections to the databases you want to use? And if so, are you seeing them there?

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi wavery

Yes i install microsoft excel and i can use it to retrieve datas with efashion odbc.

But now i reinstall EDGE3.1 SP1 and it's has ODBC connections.

So i think something wrong with the EDGE3.1 SP1 installation.

Cheers,

Ditthanan Phoncharoensri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes wavery , I can create ODBC at Data Sources (Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC)) and it still has efashion and club odbc.

But i cannot create a ODBC connection on Universe to connect to ODBC on window data sources because it don't has. You can see it on above reply with image url.

I want to know how could i custom install ODBC data access on Edge3.1 SP1?

Thank in advance

Ditthanan Phoncharoensri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is Microsoft Access (Office) installed on the machine?

The ODBC driver should come with it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank wavery for your reply.

I can not create new ODBC Connection on Universe because it don't have.

I printscreen to show you in below link

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5262/noodbc.jpg

Best Regards,

Ditthanan Phoncharoensri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ditthanan,

I am not 100% clear on what you are saying, but have you gone into Data Sources (Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC)) and created a connection? Or can you see an existing one already there? It should be a system dsn.

Hope that helps!