cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regional Hirerachies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Need suggestions on Regional Hirerachies. We are planning to implement SRM-MDM for 07 regions. Need to maintain hirerechies regionaly, so that other regions should not see or edit those products which dont fall in thier regions.

Is there any way to structure it in MDM (7.1) please??

Regards,

MSR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Is there any way to structure it in MDM (7.1) please??

As per my understanding, if you have main table records(say 100) out of which say 20 belongs to Region A(based on hierarchy as main table records have linkage with this look-up hierarchy field), say 30 belongs to region B and lly suppose rest 50 belongs to Region C. You can do this using NAMED SEARCH concept.

For this you can use 7 NAMED SEARCHES where you will assign records to all of these named searches based on Regions and can then assigned NAMED search to USER by going to his ROLE>Table and Fields> NAMED Searches--> Select SPECIFIC NAMED SEARCH using Constraints of MDM Console.

So USER assigned to SPECIFIC Named Search by ROLE will see only records belong to his REGION A in Data Manager.

But if you want Catalog User to show Product based on Region visible only in Catalog not in Data Manager then don't make use of Constraint concept of MDM Console, just give Named Search parameter for specific User in Webservice definition of SRM. you will define 7 webservices for this as you have 7 regions.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep,

Thanks for sharing your tought. However concept of Name search/ Mask can restrict users based on Regions/ Countries.

My problem is we have single Heirarchy Table with all the product lists, Can you restrict the root nodes/leaf nodes in look up tables from visible to user (might be combination based on required prodcuts for region)?? other region people should not see those hirerachy list of products which dont not belong to them, is it prossible using Named search???

Did you guys sucessfuly implemented the proposed solution please?? if so, can you share more on it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

MSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

what i understood is that you have hierarchies for each region and you want to restrict the other region user to see only his region hierarchies.

If i am right then this possible through Named search.

If user enetred in data manager then user can see all the hierarchy in lookup table of other regions also but in search tab user can see only those that belong to his region.If he put some different value in hierarchy field that doesnot belong to his region than that main table record will go into that region in which that changed hierarchy belongs.

But user can change other fields other than hierarchy and the record will stored in same region because we store the name search based on hierarchy selection.

This means that you cannot change the hierarchy values other wise that record cannot be seen by that region user.

If you call the catalog with this user than user can see only his region hierarcchu and you can select only some child of main node also .It's not necessary taht you have to put whole hierarchy in namesearch.

If you need more clarification then please get back to me.

Thanks,

Sudhanhsu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

Got bit confused, could you be more clear please on the solution.

Thanks in advace

Regards,

MSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What i tried is

1. I select some hierarchies (u can choose any node in hierarchy its not necessary that if u select root node than you hav eto select all child node .You can one child for one region and other child for another region) from search tab and create separate named searches.

2.Assign these named searches in cosole according to your requirment.

3. now if you log in data manger with some region user than u can see only records that are corresponding the named search assign to that user and also in search tab category section you can see only those hierarchies that you select for this name search but in item details section u can still have ooption to select different categories in category field.In the later case you will loose the record in which you change the category.

4.If you login in catalog application using that user than u can see only that hierarchies that is corresponding to that user.

Can you please tell me where you r confused.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

Item details section u can still have option to select different categories in category field.

My request was while creating records in MDM, can we restrict user from accessing Hirerachies (Products) of other regions.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

MSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This can be achieved by assigning the hierarchies in roles in console .In this cas you can see only those hierarchies that u assigned in console.

1. U hav to create a separate role for each region .

2. Whenever u create a new hierarchy you have to manually assign that new hierarchy to the role that is corresponding to hierarchy region.

Please revert back with yr reply.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

Thank you very much for ur efforts to guide me to a solution.

I already have the same solution metioned in thread by me , however want kow if do we have any work around for it. We have 10,000 or even more, leaf nodes & manually adding them in console would be hetic task & post go-live Buiness users would be importing files (adding Hirereachies) & providing Console access is restricted to them.

Do we have any work around please???

Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,

MSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If possible for you to make hierarchy one tim writable then make that property in console and go with the first approach.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your sugesstions. Kept thread open, as expecting any other work around solution.

Alloted points.

Regards,

MSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MSR

In SAP MDM Console you should create special roles for regional user and in "Constraint" tab set hierarchy limitation for that roles.

In that case users regional users will be see limited records only

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kanstantsin,

I had same solution mentioned by you, but feel it has some difficulties while implementation. it was throwing out RC error while restricting leaf nodes of hirerachy.

I'm not quite comfortable with the solution. Did you guys successfully implement it with out any issues please, if so could you please share it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

MSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MSR

You are right - in our case hierarchy is constant ( we didn't change it)

Solution with "named search"(it propose Mandeep) we used for more difficult searches.

I suppose, that solution more preferable for you, because you can change named search conditions without repository stop however you should storp repository for assign named search to role.

Regards

Kanstantsiin Chernichenka