cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temporary bypass of auto assignment of Inspection type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked 'auto assignment' in QM master data view. My goods receipts are generating inspection lots with 01 inspection type. This is all good. Is it possible to trick the system not to assign the inspection type in certain cases even though 'auto assignment ' is setup ? If this is possible I would like to use this to model an ad-hoc first article inspection as required by my client.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207609
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use the user exits QAAT0001 or QPL10001 to achive your requirement, the user exits are called during lot creation, so you can there if the inspection type can be determined or not, also can influence the lot creation by them, please go to SMOD to read their documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gajesh,

Good question. That is where I am looking for solution. My original idea was to use QIR with status profile. Status profile will contain two status one for 'first article' and second 'normal'. Then for status one, I would create entry for 'assign inspection type' but intentionally leave the inspection type blank. Then for second status assign '01'. So when status in QIR is 'first article', I was hoping that system would not find any inspection type and would not assign any. But system still assigning '01'. I believe, system using '01' as default because lot origin is Goods Receipt.

Leon,

I will look into the user exits and post my response.

Thanks to both of you for your feedback.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I seems that there is no definite pattern for inspection. Inspection parameters are differing lot to lot. What I could suggest is, prepare the simplest inspection plan that would contain MICs that you inspect for every lot. Inspection lots will be created as soon as GR is done. Now go on adding additional characteristics for each cases (e.g. use of different tool in process).

But the question raised by Gajesh remains unanswered that how system understands it has to undergo different inspection.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create three inspection plans. One for each level of inspection. Assign the material/vendor combination to all three.

The lot will be created but no plan will be assigned because the system won't know which one to pick.

The user must use QA02, (can access from QA32 screen), and manually select the plan. As the vendor is approved at each level, delete the material/vendor combination from the appropriate plans until only one plan remains assigned at which time the plan will than be automatically assigned.

If you wanted to get really fancy, you could use a UD follow-up action to delete the assignments once a certain number of passed inspections have been successfully done.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello FF,

I tested your suggestion of creaing multiple plans and tricking system not to assign any inspection plan. It worked. I have multiple inspection plans for Prelim series( say 501 usage) and one '01' for normal incoming quality inspection. When a Vendor calls the buyer and cautions that next shipment has some process changes/tool changes/new raw material introdcued etc., some at Client site has to modify the QIR to put in Prelim status. At the time of GR, system gets confused on which 501 plan to assign and leaves the assignment open in the insp. lot. Then manually QI inspector has to assign the plan knowing the vendor's caution. Again, Gagesh question of how change being communicated is not anwered here. But I may propose an enhancement in the PO screen( a check box may be) that buyer puts in after receiving communication from Vendor. This flag may run a program to put the QIR status to Prelim status. Lets see how it goes. My question is answered. Thanks to you all for inciteful help. Points goes to FF for the 'Idea'.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As an add in to this, if you can decide on a format or business convention for identifying the incoming "level", you could possibly use one of the following exits to select the correct plan automatically:

QPAP0001 Enhancement - plan reading

QPAP0002 Enhancement for material/plan assignment, plan selection

So if field xxxx in the PO has XYZ then asign plan 1. If it has ABC, assign plan 2, etc..

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

What is the parameter by which system understands that this GR will be subjected to additional inspection. I mean what change in parameter or additional will be there the in PO or GR that will be unique in this case

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you explain why you need this please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though GR inspection is setup and working fine. Some situations at my client site warrants special inspection of incoming materails. For example, vendor informs the Buyer that a tool has been introduced in their process and cautions us that 'you may want to do additional' inspection. In those cases, I want no auto assignment of inspection plans to the Inspection lot. I am thinking that I can assign special inspection plan manually. The question is that is there any way to tempariry by pass the auto assignment of inspection plan ? I thinking that any answer would include using QIR. But how ? I do not know