cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting the folder content creation in cFolders!!

0 Kudos

Hi All,

If in a particular collaboration scenerio say ABC;if I assign "create document" authorisation to the folder,the users will be able to create various kind of folder contents.

But my requirement is to allow the user to create only note type of content.Pls give your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dharam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharam,

This can be achieved by selecting the object types (eg Folders, Documents, Bookmarks, Notes etc) that you want to use in a collaboration.

If you are a cFolders administrator, you can define which object types are to be used across the entire system on the General tab page under cFolders Administration.

If you are not a cFolders administrator but have administration authorization for a collaboration, you can change this default setting for the relevant collaboration. To do this, proceed as follows:

Go to the collaboration detail screen and choose Object Types. A list of all object types appears. By default, the objects that have been selected under cFolders Administration are already selected. You can select the objects that have not been selected under cFolders Administration as required.

Change this selection if necessary. You can select exactly those object types that you want to be used in your collaboration. The system-wide default is not affected by this.

Regards

Deepak

0 Kudos

Hi deepak,

Thanks for your reply.But still I am not able to find "Object Types" link/tab.

My cProject suite is a version 3.10.is it functionality of 4.0??

Actually,I am only seeing these links.

Topmost Command Line:Refresh,File Explorer,Create Meeting,Search,Favourites,Settings,Help,Logout

Second Command Line(Folder): History, Overview, Hide Details/Show Details, Add to Favorites , Create Thumbnail

Third Command Line:Save,Authorizations,Notifications,

Assign Status Profile,Cancel

Fourth Command Line(Folder Content): Create,Copy,Copy as Bookmark,Paste,Delete, All , None

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharam,

This functionality is very much present in release 3.1 as well. You missed out the first command line, that of a collaboration. on the "Process Collaboration" page (you can see this when you click on the collaboration name), you get the following options:

History

References

Aliases

Object Types

Categories

Add to Favorites

Hope this helps

Regards

Deepak

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks a lot..I really missed this tab.

But still after even selecting the only note type object in my collaboration sceneraio;I get three options,when I create the folder content.

1. Folder

2. Document

3.Note.

Are these two options(Folder,Document) are default;when I did this restriction excercise thru cFolders Admin role,then also I found these two there.

Is there any way to restrict these also?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dharam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharam,

You are right. You get the opitons of "Folder" & "Document" by default.

As of now I dont have any clue if these too can be restricted. Will try to do some exploration.

Meanwhile I would request experts in this forum to come forward if they have any clues.

Regards

Deepak

Answers (0)