Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI error

alex_georgek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When ever i am doing a PGI ,i am getting an errror 'Period 001/2011 is not open for account type S and G/L 500000'.How do i rectify it.Is there any customising for it..

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you are doing this in test server

If this is a real time this needs to be addressed by a FI guy

Anyways, try and use MMPV first, provide current date in DATE and execute. If the doesn't updates then go for following solution.

First see for your company code what is the posting period variant maintained in OBY6. Say, if it is 1000

Then in OB52

Maintain a setting as following,

1000 - S - <BLANK> - ZZZZZZZZZZ - 1 - 2011 - 12 - 2011 - 13 - 2011 - 16 - 2011

Then save it

This is for Account type S that is GL accounts. Preferably maintain the same for A, + , D, K, M, V

Thanks & Regards

JP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

GO to MMRV and check what is the current open period I think it should be 05/2010 and 06/2010

for any kind of goods movement MM period should be open but as this is old period consult with your MM and FI guys

as you getting error 'Period 001/2011 is not open for account type S and G/L 500000' which is in next FICAL YEAR so i think there is possibility you can change the date in your document to current date and try to do PGI

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to OB52 & as per the Variant & Account type S , open the period by maintaining the Month & year.

Best Regards,

Ankur